RobotStudio event

can I save the surface of body as another body

Options
can I save the surface of body as another body in robotstudio5.11?for example, I create a solidbox which contains 6 surface, can I save these surface as 6 new body? because I wan to caculate the surfacearea of each surface, so i can use the API founction body.surfacearea(),  this function can be also used for caculate the surfacearea of spline surface? Tongue anybody can help me? berkin,please

Comments

• Henrik Berlin
    Options

You can move bodies between parts in RS. If you want to manipulate the geometry on a lower level, you need to use a CAD-system.

Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • imageimageimageimage

imageimage winnefly2009-09-23 15:31:06
  • hi, Henrik,thank you for your answers,I have another questions about create surface from curve (please see the figures),can I use this fonction to create a 3D surface? or this is only used to create 2d surface? i used the border of 1/4 circle to create surface, the result is not a sphere surface.

sometime i failed to create surface with this fonction, the show window indicqted: (Geometry System (ACIS) Error code:80003  "Net curves do not intersect within net surface tolerance". I cant understand what is this mean?

and sometime, the show window indicated"create part successful", but i can't see any geometric in graphic window, why?

best regards
    winnefly2009-09-23 15:36:49