RobotStudio event

IRC5 Network Connection Issue

Options

The IRC5 controller features DHCP server capability on its SERVICE port. You may experience network connectivity problems with other devices, e.g. PCs, if IRC5 controllers are connected to your network in the following manner:
If the controller is connected to a network by its SERVICE port, the DHCP server of the IRC5 may begin distributing IP addresses to other devices on the network, which will cause connectivity problems for these other DHCP clients.
Typically, these non-functional IP addresses will be in the 192.168.12x.xxx range, which may not appear to be a problem during troubleshooting because many private (such as home wireless) DHCP servers will serve addresses in this range by default.
This behavior will not occur if the user connects their IRC5 controller to the network using its LAN port. The LAN port is, in fact, configurable as a DHCP client.
SEROP has added DHCP capability to the SERVICE port to offer a zero-configuration connection to expedite robot recovery; in previous models the user had to manually configure their laptop with a specific static IP address.
Russell Drown

Comments

• John Wiberg
    Options

Good to know.

• steven
    Options

We are having a problem using IRC5 and Robotware 5.06.0085

Apparently, we entered user-defined IP in Boot Application window and continue with the boot up. Subsequently, all boot-up crashed half-way, with the following errors:

ABB Robotics.GeneralException 0xc0040402,0xc0040402RobController::Init.Could not create

RoboComCtrl::RobControllerImpl.cpp[83]AdaptController.cpp[80];AdaptController.cpp[2790];AdaptController.cpp[286]

<-- Controller in Controller.cs

...... ... and many more message

We think the some coding in the new robotware has a FIXED ip coded in it instead of reading whatever data in the system??

We have tried to reinstall the system but the same problem still prevail unless we boot up using Robotware 5.05.0109, some other problem still persists.

We need to use Robotware 5.06 because we are integrating with a vision system which have TCP/IP link. Furthermore, we have recently added a conveyor tracking option with new keydisk issued with Socket Messaging (we end up without Conveyor tracking and Socket Messaging)

Please contact me so that I could provide you with detail information what happened and how we manage to go around and reinstall robotware when the booting crash.

We tried to download newer robotware but the link is not working??Desperately need some help. Many thanks in advance

• RussD
    Options

I would advise you to contact your local ABB support representatives to resolve this issue if what I have recommended below does not help. Potential RobotWare defects are beyond the scope of this forum. This community is primarily made up of end-users and you will not get the same level of response as you would from the dedicated service organization.

That said, here are a few points for you to consider:

What happens if you don't configure an IP address for the LAN and try to start a system?

It will be necessary for you to upgrade the bootloader application if it is any version other than 1.14e. Warm start the controller and look for the bootloader version that is displayed (see the attachment for details).

IF it is not 1.14e, follow the instructions in the attached document to upgrade the bootloader. The upgrade application should have been copied to the controller as part of the 5.06 upgrade.

BootLoader_upgrade.zip

There is no fixed IP address for the LAN port. The boot application is pretty rudimentary; perhaps you are entering invalid data in the configuration fields and the application does not validate the data that is entered.

What values are you entering for IP, mask, and gateway?

Do you have the PC interface option included in your system build? I suspect that is required as well.

Are you using MultiMove? If so, it requires 256 MB of memory to run with 5.06. With the low cost of memory for these controllers, you would be doing yourself a favor by upgrading anyway.

If all else fails, I would delete your old 5.06 system build and deploy a new system.

You must use the same version (or newer) of RS Online as RobotWare. There may be a problem builing a 5.06 system if you are using RS ONline 5.05.0109.

I don't know of any inherent problems in 5.06.0085 that should cause this behavior. I have built numerous systems without experiencing these problems.

RussD38543,7537268519
    Russell Drown