RobotStudio event

Position outside reach?

Options

Hi all,

Im new to Robot Studio, so I apologize for the beginner question. I did run several searches but had no luck.

I have created a path out of a number of targets, however I am unable to use the "move along path" function or synchronize it to VC. I get an error saying "Position out of reach".

I have checked the reachability of all the targets, and I when I use the "Auto-configuration" the tool moves along the path.

Obviously there is something wrong with my configurations but I am having trouble working out what.

Any help would be much appreciated.

AVB

AVB2009-10-10 15:55:36

Comments

• AVB
    Options
    Ok this might make it easier to solve....

I can create a path when the robot is in the initial position, however as soon as I change the position of the robot, then I get the errors saying position out of reach.

Do I need to update something so the robot knows that it has been moved?

• Anders S
    Options
    Hi AVB,
    If you move the robot with "Set Position" in RobotStudio you only move the robot mechanism (the 3D model) but not the robots coordinate system, so wobj0 will not follow the robot mechanism. ThatA's why you canA't reach your targets.

To move the mechanism and the robot coordinate system at the same time, you should use "Set Task Frame" instead of "Set Position". Set Task Frame will you find in the context menu when you right click on the system in the "Paths&Targets Browser".
    Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • AVB
    Options

Thank you very much Anders, that solved the problem!

Just another quick one if I may...

I have a simulation up and running, everything is working fine, however I can't workout how to run the events that I have created more then once.

I have selected the "continuous" option in the simulation setup, so the robot keeps running. Is there a way to make the system perform the events over and over as well (ie: pick and place)? At the moment the are triggered by simulation time.

Cheers

AVB2009-10-12 15:39:37