RobotStudio event

Ability to reach a target from different sides?

Options
Hello! My first post here in these forums.

To make a long story short, we are trying to make targets in a "turning station"-fixture, meaning that the robot needs to be able to drop a workpiece from one side, then pick it up from the other side, meaning flipping 180 degrees from the first target. 

That was harder to explain than I thought, hope some of you understand what i mean. Anyway, the problem here is that we can not find a position for both targets to reach at the same time. It is either the first, or the second that is in reach of the robot. 

Is there a way to "see" if there is a position for the robot to actually reach both targets at once, or is it the case that a robot can not reach the same target from two different sides?

Hope you understand my question, otherwise I will have to explain it again, more thoroughly...

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Anders S
    Options
    There is no function in RobotStudio that automatically finds the best position for the robot. But you can use the function "Reachability" (see Check Reachability in the RS Help) to see what targets the robot can reach.
    If the robot can reach or not is impossible to say, that depends on the tool design, robot position etc.
    Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics

• [QUOTE=Anders S]There is no function in RobotStudio that automatically finds the best position for the robot. But you can use the function "Reachability" (see Check Reachability in the RS Help) to see what targets the robot can reach.
    If the robot can reach or not is impossible to say, that depends on the tool design, robot position etc.
    [/QUOTE]

Yes, just as i thought.

But do you understand my question? This is more of a general question, CAN a robot reach the same target from two sides, meaning that it first reaches it from one side, then the target is flipped 180 degrees, and then the robot has to reach that target.

I have moved the target around almost anywhere I can think of, and it can only reach 1 at a time.
  • Anders S
    Options
    No, maybe have I not understand your question, but if you upload a Pack&Go of your station, it maybe gets clearer.
    Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • Henrik Berlin
    Options

In the attached movie there are examples where a robot reaches targets from different sides.

Note: You may need to install the Xvid codec to watch it.
    Henrik Berlin
    ABB