RobotStudio event

Why is this happening when starting up VC

Options

This has just started happening... I have installed the latest version of RS and still happens.

Comments

• Hey,
    Maybe you also have problems with your firewall. Try to deactivate it restart the VC again.

Wilfried

• sturner
    Options
    I have dissabled the windows firewall... same problem noted.
    The firewall normally only gives me problems when connecting to real robot.

Not sure if McAfee is causing the problem but I am unable to configure this as I am not permitted admin rights for this.
  • Hey,
    I had a problem with the VC as well when I tried to start the VC outside the ABB local network. Inside our Company NW the local firewall is disabled and the VC wokrs fine.

Are you an employee of ABB?

Is it possible to creat a new System, or have you just restarted an existing system ?

Have you uninstalled the RW of the last RS installation?

• Henrik Berlin
    Options
    Hi,

ABB are rolling out some McAffee Host Intrusion Prevention software in some countries. This may affect the VC communication. Does your colleagues have the same problem?

What RW version are you on? Do you get the same problem for all RW versions?

Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • Hy
    I noted the Problems on RW 5.11 and 5.12.01 with the firewall of MCAfee.

Since RW5.12.02 I had no problems with the communictaon any more. BUT together with the version of RW I also changed the hardware. So I can not say that RW5.12.02 is the solution for the problem. Maybe the new hardware has also a newer version of McAfee.

Wilfried

• Hello,

The problem is caused by the UK country implementation of the McAfee HIPS firewall rules.  ABB IS/IT security in each country is rolling out the McAfee Host Intrustion Protection System (HIPS).  There is a Global Group Functions IS/IT security document where RobotStudio exceptions are documented but many countries have missed this.    In ABB, you must contact your local IS/IT group.

It is important to note that RobotStudio will open the Windows Firewall upon installation, but it is users of 3rd party firewalls (internall and external) must check these to ensure that the necessary ports are not blocked.

Steve

• Knud E Lindberg
    Options

Hi

As Henrik wrote check if McAffee Host Intrusion Prevention software is installed on the PC.

If it is some ports has to be open to use the VC.

Is it only when you are not connected to the ABB network that you have the the problem ?

Regards
    Knud Erik Lindberg
    Jorgensen Engineering
  • Hello!
    Just had troubles at ABB Finland, with 4 pc's, model T61p.

And we had only solution to upgrade those to W500 models.

Is this same situation?

Regards,

Options
    Hi
    Many thanks for the response to my post.

It appears as suggested that the last McAfee patch caused the problem and the firewall needs to be disabled...should have admin rights soon to be able to do this.

Thanks again !