RobotStudio event

Conveyor Tracking with a 660 using RS 5.12.1

Options
Hello,
  I am trying to setup a conveyor tracking app using a IRB 660 and I am unable to get the system to recognize my conveyor.  If I try the same station with a 6600 it recognizes the conveyor and I am able to connect the two.  On the 660 conveyor tracking is selected as an option.  Is there some limitation on a 4 axis robot being able to handle conveyor tracking?  Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

Rick
Rick Lemberg

Comments

• Can someone please respond back!!!!!
    Rick Lemberg
  • Henrik Berlin
    Options
    Hi,

I did a test with 660 and it worked for me, see attached movie.

(You may need to install the Xvid codec to watch the movie)

Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • Thank You for the video.  I'll keep trying on my end, maybe I will have to re-install RS.
     Thanks,

Rick Lemberg
  • Henrik Berlin
    Options

What error message do you get?

Here is the rspag file I used to create the video. You can always try it and see if you get the simulation to run. Note that there is a known limitation with conveyor tracking that may cause the error message "Position out of reach" to appear after a while. Restarting the VC will remedy the fault.

Unzip the file before running "Unpack&Work":

Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • Below is an error message that I receive after I-Starting the controller.  This must be the problem.

IRB660_180kg_3.15m: File access error 10/23/2009 8:54:16 AM Controllers 
    Error number 40304

Thanks for the help,
    Rick Lemberg
  • Henrik Berlin
    Options
    If you double-click on the error message in the RS output window, or, alternatively, check in the controller event log, you will see more detailed information. Please do that.
    Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • So I was hoping that was causing the system not to load the system properly but it was not the case.  Your system ran fine, the 660 had no issues.  Still working on it.  I get no error messages, I never get the dialog to select my mechanical device.

Thanks,
    Rick Lemberg
  • Henrik Berlin
    Options

Starting with RW 5.12, you must actively select drive system when you build the sytem using system builder. (Drive 04' IRBXXX, or Drive 09' IRBXXX). If this is not done,you may get that kind of behaviour. From release notes:

Mismatching drivesystem for selected manipulators in Systembuilder

Creating a system in systembuilder with a virtual key, will result in a default drivesystem selection for 140/1400 manipulator types. For all manipulators different from these, the appropriate drivesystem has to be selected manually.

Is this the problem?
    Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • I was aware of the drive systems needed configured, that is an easy item to forget though Thank you.  After deleting my existing system and creating a new it still wasn't working.  I don't know why but after an I-Start it finally prompts for for the conveyor to be selected.  Its finally working.  Thanks for the help!! 

On another issue can an API Macro access rapid data on the TP?

Thank You,
    Rick Lemberg
  • Henrik Berlin
    Options
    I am not an API expert, but I think you need to use PC-SDK of the Robot Application Builder to access the controller data. You can use PC-SDK in from an RS add-in. Check the PC-SDK manual to see what is possible.
    Henrik Berlin
    ABB