RobotStudio event

Why No Flexpendant project type and template in VS

Options

Hi,

I'd like know why the Flexpendant project type for RAB5.12 is not installed or not visible in Visual Studio Professionnal 2008 new project types? We have installed VS first, than RobotStudio 5.12 and finally RAB 5.12. Why isn't it working? It works in someone I know who has Visual Studio 2008 Professional version 9.0.30729.1 SP but it doesn't on our version of VS 9.0.21022.8 RTM. Can someone help me to find why? We need to find a solution quickly as our project is already late.
Thanks

Jerome

Comments

• I forgot to mention that our version of Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition.
  • John Wiberg
    Options

Have you read and followed the instructions in the release notes?

Since RAB is only tested for English VS it could be that if you are running VS in a different language you will find the FlexPendant project template in the english folder. If so then you can copy it from there to whichever folder your language is pointing to.

Now is there a  reason why you have not installed the VS2008 service pack 1?

• Hi John. Thank you very much for your support.
    I think you got it. We use French version of VS 2005 and 2008. That's all we have. I'd like to see if I can make it work in VS French version. Can you tell me where are RAB project template in english? Your idea are also welcome if you know how to make it work in French.

Yes we follow the release notes. I didn't saw the mention for VS language.

The reason we didn't installed SP1 is because we where suppose to work in VS2005. We must update a Flexpendant application from RAB 5.08 to RAB 5.12. Because we where not even able to recompile with RAB 5.08, we wanted to see if we could start back from the project template. Since the project template where not available we tried with VS 2008.

Do you know if we can recompile a RAB 5.08 into RAB 5.12 just be pointing RAB 5.08 dll reference to RAB 5.12 dll?

Thank you very much again for your support.

Jerome

Quebec, Canada
  • John Wiberg
    Options
    Darn, wrote a longer answer and then hit "back" and lost it. DeadHere is a shorter version:

For VS2008 I think these are the files
    C:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual Studio 9.0Common7IDEProjectTemplatesCSharpFlexPendant1033TpsViewIRC5App5_12.zip
    C:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual Studio 9.0Common7IDEProjectTemplatesVisualBasicFlexPendant1033TpsViewIRC5App5_12.zip
    Again the install path is english OS.

Should be no problems updating/recompiling your project but beware of breaking changes, refer to the release notes.