RobotStudio event

Crash, adding task. ox800ffff

Options
I was ( am ) trying to get multiple tasks up and running, but I keep getting a crash right smack in the middle :-(

I am not confident in working with the multi tasking, so I might do something entirely wrong!

Basically I open the configuration, select Tasks, add Task
Give it a name, set main have tried both "main" and "mainSpindle"

No matter what, it goes "boom" Dead

On Vista, latest SPs.

Kind regards

"Crash" screenshot - nogo

Comments

• Henrik Berlin
    Options
    Hi,

Please clarify the steps you performed prior to getting this error.

Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • Henrik Berlin
    Options

Beware that the controller is very sensitive to errors in the configuration parameters and will end up in SysFail when they are inconsistent or otherwise incorrect.

Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • Laro88
    Options
    I can't reproduce the error at the moment, however the 0x8000ffff appears to be related to RMQ messaging as well.

I just reinstalled Robotware, thought the speedup fix script might have caused the problem, but no.

The system looks like this:

System Name: RapSimulation4
    Serial Number:
    VIRTUAL_USE
    Using Media:

Media:

Name: RobotWare
    Version:
    Control Module:
    Key: k7NNNNOMMGffbNNNNNNNe
    Key Signature:
    Options:

RW Control module key

RobotWare OS and English

709-x DeviceNet

- 709-1 Master/Slave
    Single

616-1 PC Interface

617-1 FlexPendant Interface

623-1 Multitasking
    Drive
    Module:

Key: TlecDyTLLf
    Key Signature:
    Manipulator:
    ABB standard manipulator
    Drive System '04,
    120/140/1400
    IRB 140 Type A
    Options:

RW Drive module 1 key

ABB standard manipulator

- IRB 140 Type A

- 140 Type A

Drive System '04, 120/140/1400

- RC1 No add
    drive

Additional Options

Without any additional task the system is fine. At least no visible errors, executing the path seems fine.

Adding a task:
    Configuration editor,  Controller, Task ( in list ), RightClick and sel add task !

I think that i have tried +20 various taks combinations, but without success sofar.

• Laro88
    Options

Problem solved but not fully tested.

Btw. The Basic RAPID programming doc 3HAC16580-1 rev. G could use a review in section 2.20.x There are a couple of inconsistencies in the samples and a bit of information missing Wink

Laro882009-11-10 09:15:29
  • Henrik Berlin
    Options
    Hi,

The problem is that the task is of type SEMISTATIC by default. A SEMISTATIC task starts to execute directly when the controller starts. That means it needs to have a defined program to run when the controller has started. This must be defined in the type "Automatic loading of modules". If this is not defined, the controller will go to SysFail state because it cannot find the program to load and execute for the SEMISTATIC task. 

What I would recommend is to start by defining the task as NORMAL and load the program manually first time. When you have debugged the program and everything works fine, you should set the task as SEMISTATIC, save your module to the HOME folder, and define the search path to the module to load in the type "Automatic loading of modules". (If you want a SEMISTATIC task that is.) Please consult the "System Parameter" manual for reference. It is available when you click the question mark in the top right corner of the RS-window.
    Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • Laro88
    Options
    NORMAL / SEMISTATIC reproduces the problem. I can live with NORMAL execution, it is currently only controlling some external IO.

Screenshot is just to show what RobotStudio showed in the tree when it "finally" understood what I wanted :-)  Oddly enough there is no such picture in the manual, at least I haven't found it.