RobotStudio event

Communication lost with drive module

Options
Hi, I'm getting event message 39520; "Communication lost with drive module."  This occurs at the moment I try jogging an axis.  After this occurs, the controller enters a system fault state.

Thanks.

Comments

• It is impossible to know what is wrong with the information you have supplied. Do you get any other e-log messages?

Does this happen when you try to jog any axis?
  • Sorry, I was not very detailed.  I received support from ABB and it was due to bad data in the MOC.cfg file.

Thanks frpa for replying.

• Azza
    Options
    I have had the same problem today and after lots of searching i found that it was noise on a Ethernet cable that had been run into the controller and up the left had side of the drive module. The Ethernet cable passed over the Drive Module output cables inside the cabinet., at this point the cables are unshielded. The Ethernet cable was picking up noise from these cables and then passing it back to the Drive unit causing it to fault when the robot servos were energized.

I have posted this to assist anyone that has a similar problem in the future.....

• Damas
    Options
    informative post. thank you

• lendyck said:
    Sorry, I was not very detailed.  I received support from ABB and it was due to bad data in the MOC.cfg file.

Thanks frpa for replying.
    Hello, I have the same issue, what exactly should I look for in the MOC.cfg file?