RobotStudio event

Robot & Interchanger

Options

Hi guys! I have a problem using a robot IRB2400 and a positioner IRBP R in a welding procces in RobotStudio. It's a tinny one, but I can't figure it out.

I'm gonna describe the process and upload the station with the "Pack and Go" option.

1.Move the robot in a safe position so I could rotate the positioner ----> Robot moves -->OK
2.Activate the positioner, rotate to desired position, deactivate ----> Positioner rotates -->OK
3.Move the robot in the working position ----> Robot moves -->OK
4.Weld a circle -->OK
5. Weld a line -->OK
6.Rotate the working object, from positioners joint.  ---> Robot and positioners are moving in the same time
7.Move robot to working position --->
Robot and positioners are moving in the same time
8.Weld something --> OK
9.Move robot to safe position, in order to rotate the positioner ---> Robot moves-->Ok
10.Rotate the positioner in order to change the working object --->Positioner rotates and robot to, but no instruction for robot to move

I had upload the station here, maybe will help.
webwiz/3152/Arc_Welding.rar

Thanks a lot

Mircea...M2009-11-19 10:19:06

Comments

• Hi,

hope this helps...

//Volker
  • Henrik Berlin
    Options
    The robot seems to do what it is told. If you sync the program to the station you can see what is going on. Then you can see graphically where the targets are. If you don't want the robot to move when you rotate the positioner please do like this:
    1. Move to a desired position
    2. Activate positoner
    3. Move to target at same position but with new external axis value.
    4. Deactivate positioner
    5. Continue working.
    Additionally, you may consider using a workobject other than wobj0. This should be located at a reference point on your workpiece (a corner or a hole). That will allow you to easily calibrate the workobject when the workpiece is positioned differently on the positioner. It must not necessarily be a coordinated workobject, since you only weld at stationary positions for the positioner. If you work in wobj0, you will need to touch up every single point of your program. 

Second, you should consider activating only STN1/STN2 when the workpiece is repositioned. That will allow manual reloading of the other station during robot operation. Otherwise, the interchange axis will be activated which means no one will be allowed to enter the cell.

Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • Thanks guys I made it!Smile