RobotStudio event

Using of Flexpendant SDK Screen within Screenmaker

Options
Hello,

i find out that it is possible to use screens which have been created with the flexpendant SDK within a Screenmaker project, while using the additional reference assemblies in the project properties .

Now i have the following questions, because i got an unhandled exception if i have add a sub screen of my SDK project.

- What are the rules to add a screen from a SDK application

- How should i handle my events, because in SDK are install/uninstall and active/deactivate events available.

- Are there any limitations to develop my screens with the SDK

Is there a guideline or a documentation about this topic available, because i havenA't found anything about this in the application manual

regards

Micky

Comments

• Hello Micky,

Please follow this link, it gives information on How to Use of Flexpendant SDK Screen within Screenmaker
  • Micky
    Micky ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello Abhishek,

thank you for your detailed description Big smile , but now i have additional questions.

How can i connect the controller from Screenmaker within the SDK project.

How do i get the system GUID from the controller with whom ScreenMaker is connected, if more as one controllers are available

What will be happen if ScreenMaker is not connected to a controller.

Can you post an code example how the connection to controller used in ScreenMaker will be established ?

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Micky
  • Hello Micky,

Since the target environment is FlexPendant(runtime), there will be only one system running at any point of time and the signals and rapid data would be referred from that system.

I was wrong when i told about guid, because i mixed it up with the Controller class from PSCDK. Creating a Controller object like Controller _c = new Controller() should be sufficient in SDK Project.

FPSDK manual suggests to intialize the controller object in Install method, and since ScreenMaker already has an OnInstall method, the Install method of SDK is not called.
    So the object has to be created at an appropriate location other than the Install method.
    Objects created in SDK project must be disposed in Dispose method.