RobotStudio event

Robot Studio and Arc Weld PowerPac [ArcWelding PowerPac]

Options
Hallo,

recently, we got Robot Studio 5.12. If I open the licensing (view installed license key), it is shown that we got also Arc Weld PowerPac (and others such as: Machine Tending PowerPac, Machining PowerPac etc..). The question is, even the AWPP is there, I could not see the difference on the application, for example: I could not write program with ArcWeldL etc..etc..

Could someone help me or I have misunderstood the AWPP??

Best regards,

Saturnus

Comments

• Henrik Berlin
    Options
    The PowerPacs are part of the trial license, but needs to be downloaded and installed separately. 

To use Arc instructions in the controller you need to have the Arc RobotWare option in your system. 
    Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • Hi Henrik,

thanks a lot for your answer. 

Could we get full license of Arc Weld PowerPac as qualifying university/school?

I am not so sure whether we belong to qualifying school. Could I have your private email address so that you can check?

What do you mean about: "To use Arc instructions in the controller you need to have the Arc RobotWare option in your system". I could actually do the welding routine using teach pendant. What I want to have is that I could program and simulate offline by using welding instruction.

Thanks,

Saturnus

• Henrik Berlin
    Options
    Hi,

All PowerPacs are included in the RobotStudio School Edition. Get in touch with your local ABB contact for the school offer. It is available for schools and academic institutions.

For Offline programming you can configure the RobotWare options for a Virtual Controller according to your needs, but for a real system you need to buy a pre-configured key that defines all options from ABB.
    Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • Henrik Berlin
    Options
    ... since it seems as if you already have the School Edition, all you need to do is to download and install ArcWeld PowerPac from the RobotStudio download page at http://www.robotstudio.com/community/
    Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • Hi Henrik,

I have following questions:

1. How to configure the RobotWare options for a Virtual Controller?

2. Do I need license for downloading and installing Arc Weld PowerPac from http://www.robotstudio.com/community/

3. Where to buy the pre-configured key that defines all options from ABB?

If I can create welding instruction (such as Arcweldstart etc..etc) using real teach pendant, doesn't it mean that I have already the mentioned "pre-configured key"?

Thanks and best regards,

Saturnus

• Henrik Berlin
    Options
    1. Use the Options buttons of the "System From Layout Wizard"

or the "System Builder"

2. You wrote that you already had the license, right? You don't need the license for download but for use of the PowerPac.

3. Connect to the controller via the Online tab and check the controller properties, see below

Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • Hi Henrik,

thanks for the answers.

Yes we have school edition with the license. I have downloaded and installed the AWPP. It seems that I could not have the "weld instruction". Is it free for school edition? If it is not free, where should I register for the license? I hope it is free for school, coz we are so motivated to learn AWPP!!!

Regards,

Saturnus

• Hi Henrik,

could you pleased answer my questions. I need the answer urgently.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Saturnus
  • Henrik Berlin
    Options
    Hi,

No additional license will be needed.

The instructions for Arc welding will be available in the controller if you check the RobotWare option "Arc" when you build the system, see above. When AWPP detects a system with the Arc option, the process templates related to arc welding will be loaded into RobotStudio. So, proceed like this:

1. Create and start a system with the "Arc" RobotWare option.
    2. Start AWPP
    -> The process template for arc welding will be automatically loaded and available for use from AWPP.

You may also benefit from reading the RobotWare Application Manual for Arc Welding, see link below:

If you are very intrested in arc welding you may also be interested in the option "Production Manager" that is used for real arc welding cells, see link for the application manual

AWPP has some support for Production Manager as well.

You may also be interested in studying the FlexArc cells available at www.abb.com. Search for FlexArc, click on the first link in the list, go to the tab "RobotStudio Files", download and open in RobotStudio.

Enjoy!

Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • Henrik Berlin
    Options
    Moved to the AWPP section.
    Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • Hi Henrik,

do you have any tutorials or online training or anything which I can read and use for starting learning AWPP?

Regards,

Saturnus

• Henrik Berlin
    Options
    Hi,

The Operating Manual provides a good starting point, see below.

Henrik Berlin
    ABB