RobotStudio event

File Transfer performance 5.12.03

Options
Hi
I use RS 5.12.03 to transfer production logs from a real controller to my pc but lately it takes more than 30-40s just to open a folder or go back to previous folder. I cant't say for sure if this behavior started when I updated to 5.12.03 but if I close RS and do the same whith RSO 5.10 everything is back to normal. I did apply the performance patch in the Announcements section. 

Any suggestions?
/Peter

Comments

• Henrik Berlin
    Options
    I have not been able to reproduce this problem. I have tried with RS 5.12.03 and compared with RSO 5.10 but get no notable performance difference.

What RobotWare version are you using?

Are you running both RS and RSO on the same computer?

Do you see a performance improvement if you close any other possible connections to the robot?

Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • Petjo
    Options
    I run RW5.09_01.00.120 on the robot I have my logs on but I've tried other robots as well with older/newer RW and same result.
    I'm running RS and RSO on the same computer, but not at once.
     The only thing that differs between the two scenarios is that I closed RS and opened RSO. No difference in performance if I close all other apps either. 
  • Hi,

I have noticed the same behavior when using filetransfer i RS 5.12.03. It sometimes lock the computer for 2-3 minutes. I thought it was my computer but when I saw this post I'm not so sure anymore. Maybe something for the RS-developers to check..

I've also problem to connect to RW 5.12.03 controller since installing RS 5.12.03 but I'll test some more tomorrow.

M Johnson