RobotStudio event

How to build a system with a robot and a device

Options

Hi:

Firstly ,I creat a  revolving table. Ii's a device. I hope I can use the IO Signal to control it's rotation. So  I try to build a system with a robot and a rovoiving table. But it does't succeed. What should I do? Please help mea_,

Comments

• Henrik Berlin
    Options
    Basically, there are two cases:

Case 1) The table is controlled by the real robot controller in the real production cell and controlled as an external axis.
    -> Create a model of the table as an "External Axis" and point out when the RS asks for the model to connect to the mechanical unit as the corresponding virtual controller system starts.

Case 2) The table is used solely for simulation (it may be controlled by a PLC in the real cell).
    -> Model the table in RS and create poses and transition times. Use the "Move To Pose" action in the EventTable and let a digital output of the controller trigger the motion. A system signal will be set when the motion is complete. You can create another event in the event table that sets a system signal (in the controller) triggered by the station signal to do the handshaking with the controller.
    Henrik Berlin
    ABB