RobotStudio event

can not build stations

Options

These days,I open my robotstudio but i find that I can not build stations as before.

For example, I build a Template System with IRB6640_180kg_2.55m.But the controller status:0/0,can not connect.

There is no any robot.

anxiously,would some one know what?

I have reinstalled  the software.

Comments

• Henrik Berlin
    Options
    Has any firewall been installed on our PC? In that case, try to disable it and see if it helps.
    Can you start old controllers?
    Can you open the demo stations?
    Can you create and start systems using the System Builder?

Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • candy
    Options

Thank you very much.I have checked all the items,and I do not understand the middle item"Can you open the demo stations?".Now I find another phenomenon :when I am opening a packed file,there is a stange phenomenon.The item of "RobotWare version" is none,nothing.

That may be help to console the above problem.
  • Henrik Berlin
    Options

The demo stations are available in the folder

C:Users<user name>DocumentsRobotStudioStations

Note: The above path is from a Vista PC. On other windows versions it may be different. On XP you should look for the folder My Documents/RobotStudio/Stations

The demo stations are called:

Demo Exhaust Pipe.rspag
    Demo FlexLoader.rspag
    Demo Palletizer.rspag
    Demo TwoRobotsAndConveyor.rspag

Maybe something happened with your installation of RobotWare. Perhaps you should try to reinstall it.
    Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • Hi Candy

I have one easy question:Do you have the Licence of Robot Studio ?

The trial can use 30days only
  • candy
    Options
    Yes,I have the licence.
  • Anders S
    Options

When you installed RobotStudio, did you also installed the RobotWare?

If not, do that and try again.

Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • thank you so much
  • candy
    Options
    I have reinstalled again,but the same problem still accers.Now I find another phenomenon.
    Cry I was confused the issue for a long time already.
  • I can not run the demo stations either. When I look I see RobotWare installed, but I can not get any stations either demo or not to connect.
  • candy
    Options
       Do anybody have the same problem ? Cannot build stations and there is the tips
    of the phenomenon.

"There was a problem when initializing the Virtual Controller.

RobVCFactory.Launch failed,hr=c0040701

The release directory C:PROGRAM FILESABB INDUSTRIAL ITROBOTICS    ITMEDIAPOOLRobotWare_5.12.1021

is missing or corrupt,and cannot be used when launching a VC.

Select Retry to start the system again or Cancel to remove the system."

I am soCry. How to slove the problem?Thanks.
  • Henrik Berlin
    Options
    Hi,

Do you have the version of RobotWare asked for installed on your computer? Open Windows Explorer, and browse to the path displayed in the error message. Is the path correct? Is RobotWare 5.12.01 installed?
    Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • candy
    Options
    Hi,
          Is it not because of the software is installed in "D"drive?
  • Henrik Berlin
    Options
    The station you tried to open, that gave rise to the error message above, was apparently built with RobotWare installed on C:. If you want to move RS stations from one computer to another (or if you reinstall not using default paths) you should create Pack&Go files of your stations prior to moving your station, of modifying your installation.

The workaround is to open the program.id file of the robot system of the station and edit the RobotWare search path to point to the new location.

Note: If you change RobotWare version, you need to I-start the system, which will cause you to loose all configuration changes and RAPID programs of your controller. Therefore it is not recommended to change RobotWare version.
    Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • candy
    Options
    Hi,
       Henrik Berlin,thank you very much!It works when I install it on the C drive.

Now,there is another phenomenon.

There is a tip:

"The driver for your NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX400 might be outdated.

Would you like to search for an updated graphics driver?"

Is not my version of the computer monitor problem?Right to use this software have any effect?

• Henrik Berlin
    Options

RobotStudio is very dependent on the graphics driver of your graphics card. The graphics card generates the 3D view. Many problems that our users experience with RobotStudio are solved by updating the graphics driver. That is why we have added this message box to remind the user to update the driver once in a while. So what you should do is to go to the nVIDIA home page and look for the latest driver of your graphics card (the model is stated in the message). Pressing "Yes" in the dialog will automatically take you to the nVIDIA home page.

Henrik Berlin
    ABB