RobotStudio event

RS dialog boxes failing with "unknown error"

Options

Having problem with Robot Studio functions... 3 specific functions... 
1.) the RS options dialog box

2.) the recorder settings dialog box
3.) the manage licenses dialog box

All of these fail to work at all, while all other capability seems to work fine ....

License is good for another 6 months...

I've "repaired", "re-installed", and "upgraded" ...(curently at the latest version of 5.12)

I've created new stations, loaded old ones,...etc

I've ran checkdisk, and defraged the hardrive...

I've uninstalled all other versions...etc

none of this fixes(or even changes) the problem.

I'm including a "scan" report ....

Mike Kegley

Comments

• Henrik Berlin
    Options
    Hi,

From the log file you supplied I can see that there is a problem with a value of Screen Recorder settings of the RobotStudio Options. Your current settings are stored in the file "options512.xml" that is also part of the .zip. My guess is that it is the value of the frame rate that is wrong. Try changing the value of the following line

<Property key="Recorder.FrameRate" type="3">2</Property>

into the following

<Property key="Recorder.FrameRate" type="3">20</Property>

Normally, the GUI doesn't allow this value to be set below 5, so I would like to be interested to hear how you managed to set it to 2? Any ideas?

Unless you have any particular settings of interest stored in the options file you can delete it (or rename it to be on the safe side). Rs will recreate it with the default settings next time you start it. On Windows Vista, the file is normally stored in the folder

C:Users<user name>AppDataLocalABB Industrial ITRobotics ITRobotStudio

On  XP, you should look for the folder

C:Documents and Settings<user name>Local SettingsApplication DataABB Industrial ITRobotics ITRobotStudio

(You may need some ingenuity to find out the exact naming of the corresponding folder on your particular system. It depends on the mood of your IT guys, OS language etc.)
    Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • kegley182
    Options
    Thank you....

The "delete the file" option worked.    The editing of the recoder settings didn't...  RS put it back to "2" when I re-opened RS.

I also removed all the previous version .xml files in addition to deleting the 5.12 file... prior to restarting RS.....  my 5.11 options file  had "2" in it as well.

... thanks again
    Mike Kegley