RobotStudio event

Set user accounts in virtual controller

Options
Hi everybody

I'd like to set the user accounts in a virtual controller in RobotStudio. I already tried to do this by opening a second RobotStudio and connect to the controller. But unfortunally I could not see any controller when I click 'add controller'. Therefore two questions:

a) Is there an other way to set the user accounts of a virtual controller?

b) What have I to do to see my virtual controller in a second RobotStudio?

I've already done this in an earlier version of RobotStudio (1.09), so I think there must be a way to do that

Thanks in advance!

Regards!

Stephan

Comments

• Henrik Berlin
    Options
    RobotStudio is designed to suppress the UAS system for virtual controllers.Henrik Berlin2010-02-17 16:58:20
    Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • Hi Henrik

In earlier versions of RobotStudio this functionality has worked. Why doesn't RobotStudio support this anymore? Is there any workaround for this problem?

Cheers!

Stephan
  • Henrik Berlin
    Options
    The UAS system has been suppressed for VCs from 5.11 onwards for mainly two reasons.
    1. The UAS settings was configured per PC and not per VC system as the users expected. In this respect the PC is equivalent to the RC hardware, as there can be several systems installed on the RC. But the UAS configuration is common for all systems available on the RC, not only for the currently running system. This was perceived as confusing for our users working with the VC on a PC.

2. Users that unintentionally removed rights for the "Default User" ran into problems to use RobotStudio. This generated a lot of support issues and unhappy users.

Henrik Berlin
    ABB