RobotStudio event

memory leak detection

Options
Hello I have tried according to manual detect wheather I have some memory leak but it is quite confusing.

For example: The documentation says to watch the amount of available memory before runing my app and after I cloce my app. Saying that it should be the same ...well it never comes back to same amount even if I dont run my app( i tried hot edit instead)
and the memory went down and never came back for instance after i closed Hot Edit window. It kept comming down from 17666048 to 17657856.

Then I tryed to run my app and it went down to 17240064 and kept going down (to 17022976 ). Can somebody help me with this? How can I detect the memory leak?

I even tried the second way with logging off and checking the number of instances but it behave the same for app where I on purpose did not use dispose as for the one where i used it.

Both logs the first and the second ways of detecting are attached.

Comments

• An easy way to detect memory leaks is, if you use a virtual controller, to run DebugView (a free tool from SysInternal)that displays any debug error message. You will be able to see what type of object is not disposed properly.
  • wolfino
    Options

Thank you very much for the answer!

I have downloaded the debugview but i don't know how exactly to use it. Could you please help me with that? Some example ? Like what do i see if there is a memory leak. Thank you