RobotStudio event

Target modification

Options
Embarrassed I have just started working with robot studio and have simple question.  How can I modify and exiting point to represent the current position of my tool. ( I do not want to type anything, or copy and paste.  I want to highlight my point and say "teach":)

Comments

• Henrik Berlin
    Options
    You can use ModifyPosition (c.f. ModPos on the FlexPendant) to modify the position of an existing target, see below

... or TeachInstruction to create a new instruction at the location of the tool

Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • RP
    Options
    Big smileThanks. that works.  one more thing:  how do i do that from virtual flexpendant?RP2010-03-04 14:42:01
  • Henrik Berlin
    Options
    Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • RP
    Options
    Ouch  I see what I was doing wrong.

1- in the case of trying to change position in editor I had checked "view robot at target" I would then jog the robot to new position and try to highlight the position which would then jump the robot to that position.Confused so the correct sequence is to either uncheck "view robot at target" or highlight the point first and then jog the robot

2- in the case of teaching from teach pendant. My "modify position" was grayout.  Looks like I did not have write access. So even when i closed my rapid editor that act did not give pendant write access.Angry  I am getting write access by: closing the editor, change into auto and then back into manual. Is this the proper way of getting "write access"?
  • Henrik Berlin
    Options

Answser to 2: RobotStudio is designed to supporess the Write Access mechanism when working with a VC. That is why you may need to switch to Manual on the VFP to make it get the Write Access.

Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • RP
    Options
    Thumbs Up thank U very much Henrik.  You have been very helpfull.