RobotStudio event

How to activate weaving [ArcWelding PowerPac]

Options
Hello everybody,

I wonder if, and when yes, how I can define a weld with a weaving e.g. like zigzag or triangular. Is this possible with ArcWelding PowerPack?

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Hello,
    In the process template you can activate weave data. When creating the weld path you use that process template and you will have weave motion.

BR / Andersson
  • amtex
    Options
    Thank you!

That was what I was looking for. I'll give it a trial.

• amtex
    Options
    Hello,
    I entered my weave date inside the window
       Modify Instructions -> Weave -> Modify Weave Data

The RAPID programm found as follows
       Menu item Offline -> branch RAPID -> Program Modules -> ...
    Does not reflect the change. How can I update the RAPID programm?

Thanks
    amtex

• amtex
    Options
    Hello
    I forgot to synchronize. Sorry for the noise.

But a problem remains. The data is entered correctly but the weaving is not
    simulated. Neither by simulating, nor by running the program on the
    FlexPendant.

What's wrong?

Thanks
    amtex
  • mattdavis
    Options
    have you checked weaving isn't blocked in arc-ware (on the pendant)?

• amtex
    Options
    How can I check this? In the A?RobotWare ArcA? menu the tuning and blocking options are grayed out, only manual functions and settings are activated. Or is there another possibility to do this?
  • mattdavis
    Options
    need to put the robot in manual mode (keyswitch, i think robotstudio calls it control panel) to ungrey out those options. 

you can get to it from the button in the middle of the right hand side on the flex pendant, remember to put it back to auto afterwards otherwise robotstudio gets a little upset sometimes

• amtex
    Options
    I switched to manual mode and ungrayed the options. The waving is active. But the problem still remains. The waving is not simulated.
  • mattdavis
    Options

This is the code i use to start the weld, and i can see the weaving motion in robotstudio.

ArcLStart [[10,0,0],[0.999048,0,-0.0436194,0],[0,0,-1,5],[10581.1,0,0,5682.46,0,2507.23]],vweld,HOR6MMFILLET_1_1sm,HOR6MMFILLET_1_1wdWeave:= HOR6MMFILLET_1_1wv,fine,tWeldGun36Wobj:=WeldStartTrack:=HOR6MMFILLET_1_1trSeamName:="Znnp2";

also the weavedata i use is.

Weave shape 1
    Weave type 2 (for a robot without extax 0 or 1 should work better)
    weave length 1
    weave width 4

erverything else is 0. 

Screenshot with the weaving visible in the traced path. 

Hope something in there helps, otherwise you'll have to get someone who uses robotstudio the otherway to help out. I mainly use it for testing and simulating programs written with other software rather than actually programming in it and then trying to simulate that.

• amtex
    Options
    I have tried the same data and it does not simulate weaving. Have you got a weld guide installed? I don't have. Could that be the problem? If everybody has another hint please tell me.

Thanks for your help.

• mattdavis
    Options
    I do have weldguide, but it cant do anything in robstudio... so I would be suprised if thats the problem. And you can weave without it for sure, i have done in other stations.