RobotStudio event

How to simulate a weld [ArcWelding PowerPac]

Options
Hello,

I created a weld and after pushing the button A?SimulateA? the windows hour glass appeared and nothing happened. After 10s the simulation was finished but the weld tool did not move.

When I simulate moves, everything is fine, but welds cannot be simulated. I played around with the speed control and the weld speed parameters but with no success. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

• Hello,
    You can try run the program from the FlexPendant. Maybe you need to block weld?

It depends on how your arc system is configured.

BR / Andersson
  • amtex
    Options
    Hello,

I don't want to run the program on the robot. I just want to simulate in RobotStudio. So there's no need to block weld. Tell me when I'm wrong.

What do you mean by configuration of the arc system? Do you mean the configuration parameter in the tree branch A?TemplatesA?? How do I have to set it up so that the tool moves?

Thanks
    amtex
  • Hello,
    I mean the FlexPendant in RobotStudio not on the real robot. RobotStudio is connected to the virtual controller, so maybe you need to block weld.

When creating your system (virtual controller) you define your weld system.
  • amtex
    Options
    Hello,
    sorry, I misunderstood.

With the (virtual) FlexPendant it didn't work either.

But now it works like a charm! I don't know where the mistake was exactly. Maybe it was a misconfiguration, I've reconstructed this workpiece and welding from scratch. Afterwards simulating worked.

Thanks
    amtex