RobotStudio event

Painting PowerPac [Painting PowerPac]

Options

Hi,

i have some
question about the Painting PowerPac in RobotStudio. I have to simulate a
painting plant and of this I want do use the Conveyor Tracking function and the
Painting PowerPac. The Conveyor Tracking works very well. My Problem is that I donA't
understand who to use the PowerPac. I start a project with the help of the
Operating Manual but it doesnA't works.

Can
somebody explain me who do use this PowerPac and start a Simulation with this.

Thank you
very much for help!

I am
looking forward hearing from you!

Kind
regards,

Erik

Comments

• Henrik Berlin
    Options
    Moved to forum for Painting PowerPac
    /Henrik

Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • Tormod
    Options
    Hi Erik
    I will need some more explanation about what you are trying to do and where it went wrong. Please educate me on your project and if relevant you can send me a pack-and-go file so I can examine the functionality you are trying to make.

Best regards,

Tormod
    Tormod Henne
    Senior Engineer
  • Hi,

i have to simulate a painting plant which paint car parts during the conveyor is running. The Conveyor funktion works but i have some problem with the painting. I read the Manuel for this PowerPac but  the problem is that i have no idee  to convert this in a projekt. So what i need is an tutorial or video which show me this step by step.     

Thank you
    very much for help!

I am
    looking forward hearing from you!

Kind
    regards,

Erik

• My first problem is when i  make a Station with a painting Robot (IRB5400) with the conveyor tracking i can not select the Path for the Simulation (Picture 1). and when i change the roboter in a standart robot (IRB2600) i can select the path for the Simulation and can start the simulation. (Picture 2)

Have you an idee what the problem is?
    and then i want to change the path into a painting path but i donA't know how i can do this.

enclosed i will send you a back and go of my projekt.

Thank you very much for help!
    I am looking forward hearing from you!

Kind regards,

Erik

• Tormod
    Options
    Hello. I unpacked your station and found the paths without problems in thet Paths&Targets browser, see attached screendump. But I also found same problem as you got in the simulation setup dialog. I will conslult some expertise to sort it out.. BTW You must fix the problem with zero in the start window, see output part in image below.

Tormod Henne
    Senior Engineer
  • I also found the paths but that was not the problem. The problem is i cannot select a Path in the simulation setup. I have change the value in the Configure Conveyor Encoder Unit and then start the simulation. The conveyor start but when the car part is in the path nothing happened. the robot doesnA't start.
  • Tormod
    Options
    Ok I see our RobotStudio expert is on leave tody but we will take another look at it together tomorrow.
    Tormod Henne
    Senior Engineer
  • ok thank you very much.
  • now i have a other problem. i cannot start the painting power pack any more.image
  • Tormod
    Options
    In this case it seems like you have opened an empty station that has done no attempt to start the virtual controller. PPP needs a virtual controller configured for Painting to be able to start.
    Tormod Henne
    Senior Engineer
  • Tormod
    Options
    One more comment regarding your original question. The reason you don't find ant paths on the same level as with a non-paint robot is that there is a Rapid framework tending the job queue functionality and therefore the paths are one level deeper in the Rapid code. (There is a procedure call into the paiting path level) In your original picture you can see the path in the right hand side of the dialog.
    Tormod Henne
    Senior Engineer
  • Tormod
    Options
    I got some insider tips that you should make sure the bus settings are like follows:

the reason is that when I try your pag package I get some bus errors and the controller goes to failure state. Then I checked with another station that works with paint and found these settings.

Try it and see if it helps.

Tormod Henne
    Senior Engineer
  • i have the same settings in my projekt but the simulation doesnA't work.
  • Tormod
    Options
    Ok give me the entire list of messages you get during startup so we can see if there is anything that did not come up properly
    Tormod Henne
    Senior Engineer
  • The painting works now. I donA't no why but it works. i hope this is my last question: how can i make that the robot paint the car part in the simulation. 
    For example:
    At the beginning of the simulation i had a white car part then the robot starts and paint the part into red. The path works very well but i found no option to said the robot to paint it in red.

i will make a new projekt on the weekend with both function the painting and the conveyor. I hope it will work.

Thank you very much for your help
  • Tormod
    Options
    If you check chapter 5.7 Create Brush Specification in the Painting Power Pack manual you will find the color sceme that is selected by default. You can change it in the Brush Color selector dialog described in that chapter. Glad to help and good luck :-)
    Tormod Henne
    Senior Engineer