RobotStudio event

Slow compile times

Options
RAB 5.12
Compiling my FP app is taking upwards of 15 -20 minutes... never used to do this.   Any ideas why?
Mike Kegley

Comments

• Jaaahhh
    Options

Hello,

I think it is Visual Studio 2008 what is causing the problem.

Work around:

Open 2 VS2008 app. The 1st you keep your form open, the second you only open the same project, use the 2nd one to compile and work on the first one.

I am also still looking for a fix.

Greetings

• kegley182
    Options
    I think I understood that...
    You're saying to open up the same project in 2 separate instances of VS2008. 
    Then edit in one of them, then compile in the other?.... OR are you saying to edit and compile in one and do nothing with the other... ?
    Mike Kegley
  • Jaaahhh
    Options
    Yes, edit in one and compile in the other, it takes 2 seconds to build, you can upload it to the robot, but the application is hanging for a while. I will check for a VS update and keep you informed.

Best Regars,

Edwin Peeters,

• kegley182
    Options
    ..hmmm..  Not gettin' the results you mentioned.

Only difference I noticed, and only happened once, was that instead of "devenv.exe' process taking the entire CPU load... "explorer.exe" took the entire CPU..

... it was better, because at least you could use other apps while it was compiling.. but still... 15-20 minute compile times

Not sure I've got all the details on this method either,...

when I open 2 instances of "devenv"  (vs2008)  which one to edit in?   1st or 2cnd..

...also,

I have 14 ABB forms/controls ... in one project  , do I need to have them all open in the second instance?... or none of them..?

...also,

Do I need to "reload" in the second instance everytime I save in the first instance?

Do I need to save the sln in the second instance prior to compiling in the 2cnd?

What do you do ... specifically?

Seems that there must be some setting somewhere, otherwise there would much more rumble about this.

My FP app never compiled in 2 seconds ... probably more like 2 minutes... but still, it's a far cry from 20 minutes

... My PC SDK applications do NOT have this problem... they compile VERY quickly.

Let me know...

thanks

kegley1822010-03-17 03:18:01
    Mike Kegley
  • kegley182
    Options
    Resolution!....

PlatformVerificationTask .... google it.... then disable it!

It works.... 15 minute compile times reduced to 3 seconds

Think it has something to do with using System.windows.forms components instead of  ABB.Robotics.Tps.Windows.Forms components.... and apparently, VS may not make sure the compents are compatable with a smartphone.....    but at this point I don't care

... rediculous
    Mike Kegley