RobotStudio event

Weld Instruction

Options
Hi,

I want to know which weld instruction I have to use if I want to weld a pipe on rotated positioner. The welding torch should stay and it should be able to weave.

Many Thanks,

AMTEX

Comments

• mattdavis
    Options
    have done this before on the robot, havent tried in robotstudio because my rotator doesnt work so well there.

if you work in the wobject that is attached to the positioner (ie rotates with it) then the robot will weave just fine because as far as its concerned it is moving in a big path around the pipe, even though it is actually staying perfectly still.

To do this you can either use lots of ArcL commands or a couple of ArcC commands, i find lots of arcL commands simpler and also makes the program easier to step through, and I use seam tracking so exactly following the curve isn't critical.

• mattdavis
    Options
    also just another note..

weave type 0 and 1 don't work with rotators (or any external axis for that matter)

if your intending to actually weld with it set it up using weave type 1 or 2 from the start because it can be a real pain to have to change it at the last minute. 

weave type 1 and 2 can be quite sensitive to the position/configuration of the robot so try and keep the robot as close to the same configuration as possible