RobotStudio event

Find closest object

Options

Hi,

I'm wondering how the FCO (Find closest object) determines what object is the closes, and closest to what?

I have a simple station consisting of:

1 IRB 660

1 Vacuum tool

1 EURO pallet

1 Conveyor

2 Boxes

The vacuum tools local origin is set to be on the tool flange.

Euro pallet has the local origin at the corner (nearest the robot and the conveyor)

The two boxes both have their local origin at 0,0,0 (easy when using a VSTA script to gegenerate new boxes. 

Whenever I try to Attach the boxes (FCO) and attach it to Vacuum tool (000002) it attach the Euro-pallet instead.

Attached two photos of where it attach the euro pallet intead of the boxes.

Thank you for your help!

Best regards

Alexander KA?llberg

imageimage
Best regards
Alexander Källberg

Comments

• Anders S
    Options
    I think itA's the bodys local origin it looks at, so itA's strange that the euro pallet is attached instead of the boxes in your station. What you can test is to create a Tool of your vacuum gripper and define the TCP at the same level as the suction cups (which is placed on top of the boxes).
    Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • AlexK
    AlexK ✭✭
    Options

Thank you for your answer Anders, I tried it and it didn't help though. I tried to change the box local origin to its top center too but no luck there either.

Removed the Euro pallet and after that it does not attach any object to the vaccum gripper. It doesn't matter where the TCP is nor does it matter where I put the local origin.

This is really puzzeling, I have had issues before with FCO and other times it's functioned as it should. Can it be related to how the gripper is constructed with the cordinate system within Inventor? The gripper is an exported .sat file from Inventor. I have also tried to make the geometry into a library file but that didn't change anything.

Sorry saw now that you told me to make it into a tool, only reacted on the TCP part, will give it a try.

Version of robotstudio: 5.12.3540.3023

Best regards

Alexander
    AlexK2010-03-26 10:34:31
    Best regards
    Alexander Källberg
  • AlexK
    AlexK ✭✭
    Options
    Update, made the geometry into a tool and that worked like it should without the Europallet, will do another test a little later with a europallet at the same location as before.

Thank you very much for your help.
    Best regards
    Alexander Källberg