RobotStudio event

Command Bar Problem

Hi!

I am trying to use commandbar to navigate freely between 3 screens.
It does not work exactly as intended.

What is the correct prosedure to make this work?

The problem is that I can make button 2 and 3 open new window, but then there will be several windows stacket upon each other. This uses memory.
If I make button 2 close this window + open screen 3, it will not open screen 3, only close screen 2 and take me to main screen.

The files atached is a combination that makes it look like it is working most of the time, but in some combination it acts strange, opening wrong window.

My project:
webwiz/227/NavigationTest.rar

Eiven

Eiven
Win 7-64
RS 5.15RC1
Q9950 16gb

Comments

• I am trying to do the same thing but with buttons. I have two screens with two buttons on each of them. One button is to open the other screen and one is for exit the app screen. When clicking back and forth for a couple of times and then if I click the Exit button I close all the screens that were opened during clicking back and forth. So this means that screens are not alternated but loaded new each time. I figure that this cannot go on for ever and will eventually lead to crash...
    What is the right procedure here?
  • Hi,

Here are some examples of how the screen can be designed and its behaviour:

1. SCM Example Project provided as part of ScreenMaker has an example of how Command Bars can be used and how navigation can be done. This is one way of navigating. Here navigation is from main screen and buttons are present on other screens for closing the dialog.

2. Give a thought of using Tab Control as well. The screenNavigation can be reduced during this process. You can think of accomdating the screen controls in tab view instead of having it on a seperate screen.

3. Another option would be to add buttons as navigation controls in all screens and enabling and disabling buttons accordingly based on the requirement.

If ScreenClose is the first action defined in the action list of control, any other actions defined below it will not execute.

If a screen(ScreenB) was opened earlier and user is trying to open the same screen(ScreenB) again, check is made if the screen is already in memory for use instead of creating a new instance.

When moving between one screen to another, activate and deactivate events are called.
    When the application is closed, first Deactivate, then Uninstall and finally Dispose will be called by TAF.

Hope this information is helpful.