RobotStudio event

Automatically collision detection

Options

Hello

I work with real large programs in RS and we try to not make any touch up in the real robot when the program is done. But some time we have a collision depending on that we haven't see that a movej movement is going true the work piece. We could activate the collisition detection and simulate the program but that takes to long time and its a wast of time to sit and look at it.

I would like to start a simulation of may program with collision detection on when I go home in the evening. And if RS finds a collision it should show in which path and on which target the collision accrued in the log and maybe save it to a file.

On the morning the next day a can exact see in my program where I have a problem and fix it.

Would this be possible? Is it already?

Patrik 812010-04-15 22:30:09

Comments

• osku
    osku ✭✭
    Options
    Hello Patrik!

I think you know already, but it's possible to log the collisions to file under the RobotStudio options and Simulation - Collisions. The problem is that the file will only tell you the time of collision and not path or targets. However, I have used this logfile to check if the program contains any collisions and if there had been any collisions and if they are too hard to find according to simulation time, then I have checked the 'Stop simulation at collision' and run the simulation again. Of course this way you might need several nights to simulate through the entire program :)

If someone has better solution, please share it with us. I would be interested to hear that also...

-Osku
  • Niklas Skoglund
    Options
    Hello Patrik,

there is a function like this in the coming ArcWelding PowerPac 5.13.

I can reveal some details from the not yet published "What's New":

"

Simulation Log<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Simulation in PathView can be logged and replayed. The log contains motion positions of robots, external axes, station and virtual controller events (including collision events, if respective collision sets are created in RobotStudio). After a simulation, you can play the log, stop at any time, view motion information, check collision and etc. It is a great tool for you to scrutinize the details of any simulation.

Are you currently using ArcWelding PowerPac?

Best Regards, Niklas Skoglund
    ABB Robotics

Developer Center
    RobotStudio Blog
  • Then we wait for AWP 5.13 and test it.