RobotStudio event

RAB SDK FOR WINDOWS CE 5.0 DEVICE

Options

Hi,
I am developing an HMI application for a device with WINDOWS CE 5.0 OS.
To communicate with robots I thought of using the RAB SDK and given that the Flex Pendant was designed on a Windows CE device I would use FlexPendant RAB SDK, in particular I thought of using the following dll : ABB.Robotics.dll and ABB.Robotics.Controller.dll.
I made a very simple project with Visual Studio 2008 using the above dll. In this project I?_Tve declared an Acontroller as Controller, but when I run it I receive the following error: ?_oDcl.controller or one of its dependencies was nor found?__.
Thus I'm not sure I have followed the right approach :
Is it possible to use part of FlexPendant SDK to develop an application on a Windows CE 5.0 device?
And, If it is possible, what do I have to do to correct the above mentioned error?

Thanks.

Giovanni

Giovanni2010-05-05 11:22:39

Comments

• carlosmtz2000
    Options
    Hi Giovanni,

The RAB SDK for devices relies on other software components. All these components are pre-installed in the FlexPendant (as you can see, Dcl.Controller is one of them).

Any reason why you need to create an application in a different device?

Best Regards
    Carlos Martinez
    ABB
  • Giovanni
    Options
    Hi Carlos,
    thank you for your answer.
    In my company we develop automatic implants using ABB Robots.
    Usually we made the supervision of these implants using a central PC from where we manage all the robots of the implant.
    But in some kind of implant, we don?_Tt have the possibility to use a PC for money saving reasons, so in this case we would use a operator panel with Windows CE 5.0 and we would communicate with the robots through an Ethernet connection.
    What do you suggest in this case?
    Do You know if the software components that are preinstalled on Flex Pendant are distributable?
    Regards
    Giovanni

Giovanni2010-05-07 15:02:02
  • Niklas Skoglund
    Options
    Hi Giovanni,

interesting ideas you have. Unfortunately the FlexPendant SDK is only supported to work on the FlexPendant. But if you like experimenting, no one can stop you from trying to copy the needed assemblies from the FlexPendant to your device. But it will not be supported by ABB.

We are aware of the fact that there is a need to communicate with the controller from other kinds of devices, than FlexPendant and Windows desktop computers.

What about Windows Embedded? If you could run PC SDK on Windows Embedded Enterprise, would that be of interest?

Best Regards, Niklas Skoglund
    ABB Robotics

Developer Center
    RobotStudio Blog