RobotStudio event

Call Screenmaker DLL from RAB

Options
Hello,

is there a way to call a ScreenMaker project from RAB application. Without show the ScreenMaker project in ABB Menu?????

Thank you for help!

granale

Comments

• Abhishek PM
    Options

Hello,

This is an extract from FlexPendantSDK application manual.

Launching custom applications

The launch service can be used to launch another FlexPendant SDK application.
    The name of the proxy assembly along with the fully qualified class name should be used as arguments.

VB:
    If Not (Me.iTpsSite.LaunchView("TpsViewCustomApp.gtpu.dll", "ABB.Robotics.SDK.Views.TpsViewCustomApp", Nothing, True, Me.cookieUser) = True) Then
    GTPUMessageBox.Show(Me, Nothing, "Could not start User application")
    Return
    End If

C#:
    if (this.iTpsSite.LaunchView("TpsViewCustomApp.gtpu.dll", "ABB.Robotics.SDK.Views.TpsViewCustomApp", null, true, out this.cookieUser)!= true) {
    GTPUMessageBox.Show(this, null,"Could not start User application");
    return;
    }

If you want to launch ScreenMaker application it can be done like this

if (this.iTpsSite.LaunchView("TpsViewCustomApp.gtpu.dll", "ABB.Robotics.SDK.Views.MainScreen", null, true, out this.cookieUser)!= true) {
    GTPUMessageBox.Show(this, null,"Could not start User application");
    return;
    }

Where ABB.Robotics.SDK.Views.MainScreen is the screen which has been set as mainscreen in ScreenMaker application.

You can also refer to the link mentioned below to get more information:

Thanks
  • granale
    Options
    Hello,

yes this works fine, but the screenmaker app is visible in ABB menu. I want this function with a invisible screenmaker app. Reason: I use three to five apps. There is not enough space in the ABB menu!

granale
  • Abhishek PM
    Options

Hello,

To test the application on flexpendant the assemblies must be downloaded to the system or home directory of the robot controller. On startup of flexpendant the application assemblies are loaded from the controller and appear on the flexpendant ABB Menu.

I doubt there is a way to avoid the application from appearing in ABB Menu and call it from some other location other than HOME/System directory of the controller.

Thanks
  • Abhishek PM
    Options

Hello,

Just to add to what i have already mentioned it is not possible to directly hide the ScreenMaker application from FlexPendant ABB menu through Screenmaker UI.

But there exists a workaround to your scenario :

It involves modification of the ScreenMaker Project file with the extension (.smk)

1.Open the .smk file.

2.Go to the <TpsViewInfo> attribute

3.<StartPanelLocation> attribute needs to be modified

By default it looks like this with value as "1"
         <StartPanelLocation>1</StartPanelLocation>

4. Inorder to hide the application from ABB menu, change the value to "2"
         <StartPanelLocation>2</StartPanelLocation>

5. Open the Project in ScreenMaker, Build and Deploy the project to the controller.

NOTE:

*Setting the value to StartPanelLocation as "2", makes the application incompatible with RobotWare releases older than 5.11.01

*It is not recommended to modify the .smk file unless really needed. Please save a copy of the original file before making the changes.

This feature will be incorporated in a future release of ScreenMaker so that changes to the .SMK file is not needed

Thanks