RobotStudio event

LAPTOP FOR RS

Options
hi
today im running RS from a Dell Precision M90 with 4GB of ram and a 512 MB Quadro FX 2500 graphics card...But i cannot find a updated driver and i fear that is why my performance with collisiondetection is Soooo poor.

What is the optimal solution when chossing a laptop for large cadmodels??? and wich graphic card is recomented???

I am to start a large project as its impossible with this poor performance when doing collisiondetection...

Please advice
Kent zibrandtsen
Hardi International A/S
Denmark

Comments

• Henrik Berlin
    Options

For a general discussion about graphics cards, see
    http://forums.robotstudio.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3748.

Just to exclude that your poor performance is caused by the registration of some RobotStudio components, you can execute the script webwiz/772/Reg_ComServer_NetScan.zip

(The script is also available on the RobotWare 5.13 DVD, in the Utility folder).

Another thing you can try is to remove the geometry of your imported components (right-click the part in the Layout browser and select "Remove Geometry"). This may free some resources.

You can also try to reduce the number of triangles of your parts by setting the rendering detail level to "Coarse" before importing them, see below

You can also modify the parameters if you want to reduce the number of triangles even further. After import you can set the option back to the default.

Any improvements in performance? 

Henrik Berlin
    ABB