RobotStudio event

how can i make a tool change simulation

Options
Im trying to make a tool change simulation but i dont have any idea how to do it.

any help?

Comments

• Anders S
    Options

The best is to use Smart Components. Take a look at the tutorials and the demo station on the Community.

Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • mattdavis
    Options
    I have done it in the old version with event manger and simply using attach / detach objects. It mostly worked except that the tools were just left wherever they are when they were detached because my tool changer moves with the system, but i never managed to get them to attach to it correctly. But as far as running the program it worked fine. 

I never got it to work once the smart components came out. Event manager is still there but it doesnt work the same.
  • Im trying with de event manager but theres is an error: "Could not set program pointer to entrypoint".

I really dont know why

• Henrik Berlin
    Options
    Check that you have a "main" procedure defined in your program (use e.g. Simulation Setup, or the RAPID Editor). Also check that there are no errors in the RAPID code (Press "Apply changes" in the RAPID Editor even though you haven't done any changes).
    Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • Thanks, now it is working fine :)