RobotStudio event

Systembuilder

Options
Hi,

I have a system (exists both in real world) and as a RobotStudio (virtual) model.

The RobotStudio model was created by importing graphics etc, and the system is based on a backup from the real controller.

Works fine.

Now I am probably going to update the real robot with the SAFEMOVE option.

But the option is not yet ordered.

How do I manage to update my virtual system (systembuilder) with this option (virtual key).

Do I have to create a new system from scratch, or can I add an option by means of a virtual key ??

(As you can read between the lines, I did manage to get a virtual keyCry)

Poul Blom

Comments

• Hi Blom,

I think you can just open the systembuilder and modfiy your existing system, just make sure the system is not currently in use, otherwise you will encounter a read and write protection.

So, open the system in the systembuilder, skip to the part where you select the options, finish, I-start your system!

Hope this helps
    Daniel

• Henrik Berlin
    Options
    Just remember to take a backup of the system before, since the I-start will delete your program and configuration. Of course, you should restore the backup after the I-start. Note that if your virtual system is built with the real key, you are not allowed to modify add any options.

In that case you can proceed as follows this to switch to the SafeMove system (assuming this is the only change compared to your original system).
    1. For backup, create a Pack&Go file of your station.
    2. Open the station and take a backup of the virtual controller.
    3. Create a new system with System Builder using your true controller key including the SafeMove option.
    4. Close RS
    5. Rename the current system (i.e the old one) using e.g. Windows Explorer, i.e. not RobotStudio. (Rename the folder from e.g. 'System1' to 'System1_old')
      -> This will prevent RS from finding it when the station is started next time, allowing you to point out the new system, see below.
    6. Start RS and open your station.
      -> RS will not find the system since it was renamed.
    7. RS will ask you to point out the system
      -> Point out the new system (with the SafeMove option), e.g. 'System1_withSafeMove'
    8. Restore the backup from Step 2.
    9. You are done!

Note: This method will not work if the manipulator is changed, i.e. changing from IRB4400 to IRB4600. Then RobotStudio will get the hiccups.

Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • Blom
    Options
    Thanx Henrik,

That should solve my problem.

I was not aware that at system built from a real key could not be modified with

a virtual key.

Off course a system with a virtual key can not be downloaded to a real controller,

but it might be a good idea if RS had a function which could transform a system

with a real key to a system with a virtual keySmile

Poul Blom