RobotStudio event

Pausebutton?

Options
Hej,

Hur gA?r man fA?r att pausa i en simulering. Vill bl.a. kunna gA?ra det fA?r att kunna spara olika lA?gen (states) i simuleringen.

Manualen sA?ger fA?ljande:

Running a simulation<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

1.     Optionally, click Enable Process Timer.

2.     In the Simulation Control group, click the Play button. The output window will now display messages from the virtual controller.

3.     To pause the simulation, click the Pausebutton.

4.     To stop the simulation, click the Stopbutton.

5.     To reset the simulation to its initial state, click the Resetbutton.

Hur jag A?n letar sA? hittar jag inte nA?gon pausebutton.

HA?lsar GA?ran

Comments

• Henrik Berlin
    Options

OOhs! It seems as if the manual needs an update. Once upon a time there was a pause button, but we decided to remove it due to its limitations.

However, you can try to insert the "Stop" RAPID instruction in your program and see if that can be a workaround for you.

From the RAPID Reference manual:

'Stop is used to stop the program execution. Any movement performed at the time will be finished before the Stop instruction is ready.'
    Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • axl
    Options
    Hi Henrik,

Thanks for your answer!

I couldnA't make it work. If I insert the "Stop" instruction and then run the simulation until it stops and then saves the current state the simulation still starts from the beginning when I try to start from the new state.

When you have long simulations I think it would be to great help if you can pause and save different states. Otherwise you will have to run through the whole simulation when you want to check something at the end.

The possibility of saving different states is somewhat hampered by the missing pause-button.

Is the idea behind the ability to save states that you should only be able to save states from the start of simulations?

Regards GA?ran

• Anders S
    Options
    Hi GA?ran,

If you would like to start and stop the program execution without "destroy the program pointer", you should start the rapid execution from the offline editor:

To stop the execution in a specific instruction, you can use a "break point":

If you use Smart Components that require the simulation to be running, you must uncheck the robot system(s) from the simulation setup before you press simulation play. Otherwise you can't control the system from the offline editor:

image image

The "Saved States" is the simulation start state.

Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • axl
    Options
    Hi Anders,

Thanks for your answer, it works perfectly.

What I was looking for was a way to save a "state" with both the simulation status as well as keeping the program pointer at the right position. This would be good for debugging purposes. Is it possible to achive in any way?

For example, if you have a FOR-instruction with "i From 1 To 20" and you want to examine the behaviour at i=18, the ability to save a "complete" state at the end of "i=17" and running from there would be time saving when debugging.

Regards GA?ran
  • Klaus
    Options
    Hi 'gA,ran.

I normaly add a visual input and then use a 'waitDi instruction in my program to stop the robot during simulation.

BR Klaus.

PS sjovt at se lidt svensk herinde -------funny to see swedish in here Big smile
    Best Regards

Klaus Soenderhegn
    www.cadalysator.dk