RobotStudio event

How can i jog robot flexpendant SDK help

Options
hi everybody
i am using the flexpendant sdk and visual studio 2005 so i am reading the position but i have a problem for the jogging i cant find any command

my problem:

when i push to button1 I want to jogging to robot this point data

[[2853.73,1478.57,-818.44],[0.000690344,0.714986,0.699138,0.000939748],[0,0,1,0],[9E+09,9E+09,9E+09,9E+09,9E+09,9E+09]];

its possible ?

Comments

• Hi,

do you want to move the robot based on user input from your application?

Or do you want to put the controller in a mode, where the robot can be jogged by the user, using the joystick?

Best Regards, Niklas Skoglund
    ABB Robotics

Developer Center
    RobotStudio Blog
  • yes i want to move the robot based on user input

so i attach a screenshot my application

when the user change x y or z value and push to goto button robot go to this target and stop please help how can i do this

(flexpendant manual mode and motor on position)

• upp its possible ?
  • carlosmtz2000
    Options

It is possible to jog the robot from the FlexPendant SDK. You can use the methods JoggingStart, JoggingStop and SetJogging commands for doing this. The limitations of this approach are the same as when jogging with the regular joystick: System must be in Manual, Motors On and no RAPID executing.

However from what I understand from your UI is that you would like to move the robot to an specific position (similar to the GoToPosition functionality available inside the Jogging View). This is not possible through the FP SDK.

A simple workaround would be to store this value in a robtarget, and have a routine in which the robot executes a move instruction with this robtarget. From your FP application (GOTO button), you can setup the PP to your routine and start RAPID execution. You can use ScreenMaker to to quickly test this approach of calling a routine from a button (use ScreenMaker control RunRoutineButton)

BR
    Carlos Martinez
    ABB