RobotStudio event

paramter "track_mode" in opttrackdata [ArcWelding PowerPac]

Options
Hello,

we are using a laser scanner from ServoRobot (Digi I/P). In the application manual "robotware arc and arc sensor" are the parameters for automated sensor correction described. We are welding pipes and i would ask, which "track_mode" would fit best for correction of the z- and y-achses. Until now, we used Parameter "0" for normal correction of y and z achses. But it seems, that the torch isn't corrected very well. I didnt quite understand the meaning of "Mode 12" Does somebody know more about this?

Thanks very much in advanye!

Yours
Peter

Comments

• osku
    Options
    Hi Peter

What kind of correction problems do you have? Is the problem only in one direction or both (Y and Z)? Have you checked that the laser will find the teached feature (vision task in ServoRobot Weldcom software) without problems during welding?

I haven't use the 'track_mode 12' but I have understood that it is used if you want to change between programmed path and corrected path ramped during welding. It seems that in the manual the explanation of the mode 12 is exactly the same than mode 9 (the TCP returns ramped to the programmed path), so I guess there is some kind of typo in the manual. I think mode 12 (faded in) will move ramped from the programmed path to the corrected path (starting without correction and fading in the correction during welding).

-Osku

• Hi Osku,

thank you very much again, for your reply.
    The problem occurs mainly in the y correction. Sometimes the torch is centered perfectly to the gap and sometimes it sticks to one side (even if welding is blocked). The gap is found and tracked perfectly in weldcom. The profile is always recognized well and the shown parameters seem to make sense. Parameter 0 would than be the best to correct the torch at pipe welding?

Yours
    Peter

• osku
    Options
    Hi Peter,

Yes, it looks to me that the mode 0 should be ok for you.

How wide the gap is? I mean how much in mm's the tracking error is about? If you like you can send a backup to me and I can have a look. Not promising that I can solve the problem, but I can try :)

-Osku
  • Hi Osku,

do you mean a backup of the robot, or the weldcom?

Thanks,

Peter

• osku
    Options

Hi

From the robot. At the moment I'm not able to run Weldcom in my laptop...

-Osku