RobotStudio event

PC SDK - Getting coordinates after robot cycle

Options
< ="-" ="text/; =utf-8">< name="ProgId" ="Word.">< name="Generator" ="Microsoft Word 11">< name="Originator" ="Microsoft Word 11">

Hello everybody,

My intention is to get on my PC all the coordinates
from the IR when he moves form one position to an other. The coordinates has to
be accumulated after every robot cycle (about 7ms). I think (hope), that there
are many options to solve this problem.

At first, is there a possibility to store all the coordinates?_T
asynchrony on the IR-HD, while the RAPID program sequence works? After the line
movement is finished, the PC-program catches a robot event over the network,
that all data are stored. Now, the corresponding data file is copied by over
the network using the PC-SDK interface.

An other possibility is to use the PC-SDK interface without
storing the coordinates on the IR-HD. Is there a FIFO or a buffer with all the
coordinates on the IR, which is asynchrony accessible for a special PC-SDK interface (event) over the network?

Does somebody know where to find a code snippet in .NET
and RAPID to realize my task?

Thanks,

Tim

Comments

• Hi,

which sample rate do you need approximately?

Are you intrested in the coordinates for tool0, or the tooldata currently used?

* There is functionality available from RAPID to store a motion log with a very high resolution on the file system. But it can be active for a limited time, since the log will be to large otherwise. It is used to fine tune motion.

I can find out more if you are interested.

* I have written an AddIn in RobotStudio which uses PC SDK to move a robot in RobotStudio according to the movement of a real robot. Depending on the sample rate you need that approach may or may not be the right for you, since I'm polling the position using a timer in my PC applicaiton to get the joint values at some interval.

Another thing, which does not help you right now, but of which I'm interested in your feedback on, is a feature in the IRC5 controller called Information Stream. It is currently only available through the RobotStudio API for Virtual Controllers. It is possible to setup subscriptions for various "channels" for example, joint values, and I/O signals. Then you get an event (in .NET) which contains all changes to the "channels" since the last event.

It is also synchronized with Virtual Time, which means you can accurately match I/O signals with motion, for example.

The development team is working with a general functionality in RobotStudio, right now, which will provide a common foundation for "recording" all kind of data from a simulation.

Currently we have focused most on gather data from simulations (that includes events in the RobotStudio station, like SmartComponent actions, and I/O etc in the Virtual Controller).

Are you interested in doing your recording for both real and virtual controller?

Could such functionality be of interest for you?
    Niklas Skoglund2010-10-07 09:35:23

Best Regards, Niklas Skoglund
    ABB Robotics

Developer Center
    RobotStudio Blog
  • TimS
    Options
    Hello Niklas,

thank you for your fast reply! Primarily I?_Tm interested in doing my recording for the real controller, because the robot is connected with real sensor (force and torque). Furthermore I need a continuous solution.

My intention is to accumulate the robot coordinates fast as possible. After the measurement is finished, I?_Tve to reconstruct the trajectory of the robot on my PC.
    I already phoned with the ABB service here in Germany today. They told me, that the robot reference interface is the hard-/software item I?_Tm searching for to realize my requirements.

What do you think?

Best regards,
    Tim

• Hello Tim,

I think you should continue to look into RRI.

When you have a coordinate file, you could import it into RobotStudio to do further analysis, using an Add-In.

Personally I have never worked with RRI. I suggest that you post RRI-related questions to the RobotWare forum.

Best Regards, Niklas Skoglund
    ABB Robotics

Developer Center
    RobotStudio Blog