RobotStudio event

RapidData binding problem

Options

Hi,

i try to change text property of a TpsLabel by binding it to a controller object. I create persistent string datas as described in video tutorials. ScreenMaker build project and deploys it to VC with no problem but my application cant read any rapid variable from VC.

I have no problem with reading signal values from VC. I add a LED object to project and bind it to  controller signal source(MOTLMB sys signal) and it works and refresh its value normally.

i use RobotStudio 5.13.02 on XP SP3 PC

Station :      webwiz/2167/SMDemo1.rar
SM Project : webwiz/2167/SMExample.rar

charon2010-10-31 18:17:28
Erdem Karaçeper

Comments

• Hello,

Do you get any error message box in Virtual FlexPendant on opening the application ?

What is your system language and OS settings (English or Turkish or anyother) ?

Thanks 

• charon
    Options

i dont get any error messages when i run my application on VC.
    My system language is English.(only my input language is set to TR keybord) By the way i try to add a DataEditor to my application and connect it to a Controller num data (persistent) but when i click to object it throws an exception like in the screenshot.

Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at ABB.Robotics.Controllers.RapidDomain.RapidData.Read()
    <--

ABB.Robotics.InternalException at Read in ABB.Robotics.Controllers.RapidDomain.RapidData
       at ABB.Robotics.Dcl.ExceptionHelp.ReThrowException(String objStr, String method, Exception exception, String[] additionalinfo)
       at ABB.Robotics.Dcl.ExceptionHelp.GenerateException(String objStr, String method, Exception exception, String[] additionalinfo)
       at ABB.Robotics.Dcl.ExceptionHelp.GenerateException(Object obj, String method, Exception exception, String[] additionalinfo)
       at ABB.Robotics.Dcl.ExceptionHelp.GenerateException(Object obj, String method, Exception exception)
       at ABB.Robotics.Controllers.RapidDomain.RapidData.get_Value()
       at ABB.Robotics.Tps.Windows.Forms.EditValueServiceProvider.Init(RapidData rapidData, Int32[] index, String txtValue)
       at ABB.Robotics.Tps.Windows.Forms.EditValueServiceProvider.EditValue(Control childControl, PropertyDescriptor propertyDescriptor)
       at ABB.Robotics.Tps.Windows.Forms.DataEditor.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

BR.

charon2010-11-01 14:30:48
    Erdem Karaçeper
  • Hello,

Try it on a system with the input language also as English. And then launch VirtualFlexPendant.

This may be language specific issue.

Thanks
  • charon
    Options

Hi Abhishek,

After i switch to input mode English application start to read RAPID data.
    Thanks.

BR.

charon2010-11-01 17:07:03
    Erdem Karaçeper