RobotStudio event

numEdit object changes bound enable variable

I have a numEdit object on my screen, whose value property is bound to one controller variable (num). When deployed, it works as expected. Then I bind the enable property to a different controller variable (bool), and deploy. When that bool is FALSE, I cannot open up the numeric entry dialog box, as expected. When I set the bool TRUE, I can open up the dialog box as expected, but upon closing the bool is set FALSE, disallowing further modification. Could you please attempt to reproduce this to verify that I'm not going nuts!

Comments

• Hello,

I checked the scenario you mentioned on 5.13.02 system. It is behaving in the expected manner, that is

1. When Enabled Property is set to false - numpad cannot be opened as the control is disabled

2. When Enabled Property is set to true - numpad can be opened

3. On Clicking OK or Cancel the state of property is retained.

4. When the values of bool are changed when numpad is open, the last current value of bool is taken.

Thanks

• I have some additional information for you: I put the following items on a screen: a panel, a numedit and a checkbox. I bind the value property of the numedit to a num. I bind the enabled property of the numedit item to a bool. I bind the checked property of the checkbox to the same bool. If the numedit item is off the panel, it operates as expected. If the numedit item is on top of the panel, I get the unexpected behavior that the checkbox becomes unchecked, and I can't modify the num unless I check it again.