RobotStudio event

Deactivate Weldguide [ArcWelding PowerPac]

Options
Dear sirs,

our robot is configured with both laser tracker and weldguide. We dont need Weldguide anymore.

What is the easiest way to deactivate Weldguide in a working robot.

I could not find further information about weldguide (installing and configuration). May you send me a link to a manual?

Thank you very much and have a great new years eve.

Yours
Peter

Comments

• osku
    Options
    Hi Peter

I think you have to create a new system with system builder and remove the weldguide option from the options list. Then you have to download this new system to robot. Please note that you are not able to use your old backups in new the system as the PROC.cfg parameter file includes weldguide parameters which are not recognised by the new system. Are you familiar with this system (RobotWare) updating procedure?

-Osku
  • Hi Osku,

thank you very much for your fast reply!

I have created a system once, but i am not so firm with the system builder.
    Is there a way to remove it via the system parameters? Or maybe by editing some files?

Some minutes ago we had a second problem (again with the laser sensor).
    We calibrated it with very good precision results and it works very well with pipes that have small wall thickness (8mm).
    By pipes with greater wall thickness the look ahead differs very much from the correct look ahead. The torch and the laser are not mounted in parallel, but with an angle to each other. It seems like the look ahead is defined for the top of the pipe and not at the point we are meassuring and welding.

Changing the lookahead value doesnt change anything.
    Is there a possibility to modify the lookahead?

Thank you very much!

Yours Peter

• osku
    Options
    Hi Peter

You can remove it from the system parameters but that is not enough as there are also features which are installed during system installation. Therefore I think only way is to create a new system. At least I don't know a way to remove that by editing files...

About your second problem... I have used the laser basically with small thickness plates (2-5mm), so I haven't had the problem with deep joints (if I understood you problem right). What error you will get in this case? Is the robot just positioned too high during welding, or is there accuracy problem in tracking sideways also?

-Osku
  • Hi Osku,

ah ok, than i think i have to go the way with the system builder.
    Are there any manuals to weldguide? For all the other parts i found information by abb or via google.

The  second problem is the correction of the height at the tacks. The robot should move
    the torch at a tack some millimeters up. The correction happens on all tacks to late (always about 14mm). It seems like the camera measures the look ahead on top of the gap. The real gap is 30mm deeper inside the pipe. The difference in the lookahead is exactly 14mm. Is there any way to correct the look ahead? Changing the system parameter doesnt seem to have an effect!?

Thanks very much again Osku!

• osku
    Options
    Hi Peter

I can send you the weldguide manual to your email address. Or if you have a manual DVD, you can find it under Operating manuals -> Process Equipment.

I really don't know about the look ahead as I haven't had to play with it myself. Have you checked that you have other parameters correct, for example AngleCameraToLaser found under SENSOR_TYPE in PROC.cfg?

-Osku

• Picard1de
    Options

Hi Peter ,

there is no need to create a new system . Weldguide is activated and deactivated within the trackdata (tracksystem = 0 =>Weldguide , tracksystem = 1 => Optical Tracking). Keep in mind that you canA't restore your backup if you create a new system with the Systembuilder removing the Weldguide option. (If you want to restore the backup you have to manually remove all the PROC entrys in your backup that are releated to the Weldguide option)

picard1de

• Hi all,

i wish you all a great and happy new year!

@osku:
    Thank you very much for the manual!
    Its great to get that kind of support from you guys.

@picard:
    Thanks for the information. We are only using the optical tracking system. Is it possible to get error messages from weldguide even if we are only using the optical tracking system?

Yours,
    Peter

Is it possible to get an error message from weldguide, if we choose the optical tracking?