RobotStudio event

Machine Tending PowerPac [MachineTending PowerPac]

Options

Hello.

After installing Machine Tending PP 5.13.02, and run this PP in a station with "877-1 Machining FC GUI" available in the controller, appears this error and does not begin to run the PP:

"Machine tending The length can not be less than zero. Parameter Name: length."

After this error is one that says:
RobotStudio .NET exception: MachineTending: Internal error.
============================================
Base exception: NullReferenceException
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

ABB.Robotics.PlasticsPP.UIManager.EndRSPP()
   in ABB.Robotics.PlasticsPP.UIManager.CloseRSPP()
   in ABB.Robotics.PlasticsPP.RS5Addin.OnActivate()
   in ABB.Robotics.RobotStudio.HostedAddInBase.InternalActivate()
   in RobotStudio.AddinManager.SetActivePowerPac(Addin addIn)

During installation of the program has not occurred nothing unusual. I uninstalled the program and I reinstalled it again to try to fix it, but not solve anything. He had no previous versions of this PP installed.
The OS is W7-64bit and the PC 64bits. RS 5.13.03 is working properly.
I need help to solve this problem.

ThankA's
Jesus.

Comments

• Henrik Berlin
    Options
    Moved to forum for Machine Tending PowerPac.
    Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • Hello Jesus,

I will escalate this issue to our support team which will investigate it.

Best Regards, Niklas Skoglund
    ABB Robotics

Developer Center
    RobotStudio Blog
  • jesus
    Options
    Thank you very much.

Jesus.
  • Hello jesus
    I'm the developer of Machine Tending.

From the description from you, I don't have the idea about the problem came from, if you don't not care, can you mail your RS package to me?
    Jackson-haipeng.wang@cn.abb.com
  • jesus
    Options
    Hi Jackson.

The problem is related to the implementation of MTPP once it is installed in RS. The result is always the same, build what you build, whether with a virtual controller that has all the options related to the MTPP. However the PPA's Bending, Machining and ArcWelding, do work properly with any virtual controller that has the necessary options.

Two weeks ago I bought a PC, and installed a few days ago RS 5.13.03 and all PPA's to check and see if they can be valid for my work. The PC versions will expire after 30 days.  The PC is 64bits and W7 is for 64bits. This PC has not installed any previous version of RS.

I reinstalled again MTPP, but keeps crashing during startup of the MTPP in the station build. The error is that I indicate at the beginning of this forum thread.

Thanks and regards.

Jesus.
  • hi Jesus
        We are now build the environment for repeat your problelm. But one thing I am confirm now is that MTPP is different from other several PPs, It's not a offline Programming tool , not support any MTPP Options, it mainly provide some good functions to help engineer make a proposal faster.

• petarrew
    Options
    Thanks to the apish apprentice cell, the compassionate amid the chump and the integrator of a accepted ambition is improved. Even the amateur RobotStudio user can bound set up a simulation. This makes RobotStudio Machine Tending PowerPac a accurate simulation apparatus for use by both the sales force and the engineers.