RobotStudio event

RESOLVER ERROR

Options
Dear All

Our IRB 4600 got a problem with  "20032 -> Revolution counter not updated" and  "38209 -> Resolver Error".  Suddently the Revolution counter is gone. Early, We analized that there are a trouble with SMB cable or SMB Battery. But after we check it, there are no problem with the connection. Error 38209 is happen on axis-1, axis-2, axis-3, axis-4 and axis-5.

By Event Log , this Resolver Error may be caused by Data Communication between Robot and controller (too low voltage from X or Y resolver signal).

1. How we can measure that voltage (measurement methode)?
2. Would you mine to share this problem, may be you have got the same problem on the past and you have knew the solution.

Thank you and Best Regard
fear of GOD is the beginning of wisdom

Comments

• j_proulx
    Options
    Hello,
    Because you are experiencing this problem on multiple axises it is most likely a cable problem. Check for loose pins and loose connection in cabling from Robot's SMB card all the way back to the robot control cabinet.

Best Regards,
  • dhyan
    Options
    Dear Mr J_Proulx
            Thank you very much for your advice. I have already check the connection and so far so good, there is no warning arise until today.

Best Regard (and Happy Valentine)

• 7seven
    Options

[QUOTE=dhyan]Dear Mr J_Proulx
            Thank you very much for your advice. I have already check the connection and so far so good, there is no warning arise until today.

Best Regard (and Happy Valentine)

[/QUOTE]

Hey,

when we've got that problem we changed the in "Motion" / "Measurment channel" the   "-min_normalized_input_level 0.51 to 0.41 % (please not under 0.31)

Sometimes this helps...

Cheers Tim

• dhyan
    Options
    Dear 7seven

Thank you for sharing your experience to me.

Measurement Channel consist of rob1_1, rob1_2,......rob1_6 (Non-editable parameter) and CNV1 (Editable parameter).

----------------------------------------------------------
    Name : rob1_1
    Use Measurement board type : DSQC313
    Measurement Link : 1
    Board Position : 1
    Measurement Node : 1
    ---------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------
    Name : CNV1
    Measurement Link : 1
    Board Position : 1
    Measurement Node : 6
    Disconnect at Deactive : No
    Max Normalized Input Level : 1
    Min Normalized Input Level : 0.51
    Acceleration Limitation Switch : FALSE
    Minimum Limitation Value : 10000
     ------------------------------------------------------  

The only "-min_normalized_input_level" I found is on CNV1. It means that this parameter works only on conveyor tracking option. Am I right?

I can't understand, why I can edit this parameter, but the manual book said that this parameter are not described on the manual because this parameter is visible but Non-editable. So we don't know exactly what for is it.

Anyway, I will try what you have adviced to me and I will look the influence.

Best Regard

Dhyan Wicaksono

• 7seven
    Options
    Hey Dhyan,

by now we only got this problen on additional Axis! Not on the Robotaxis ...

The parameter  Min Normalized Input Level : 0.51 means that there must be a minimum voltage of 51% at the SMB Board (voltage that comes from the resolver). Is the voltage at one point lower than the 51% you got the failure you described above and the counter is lost!

So if you set the  parameter on 41% maybe everything works.

But i say it again, we only got such problems with additional axises...

Good luck, "7"

• dhyan
    Options
    Dear 7seven

Yes, I found this problem on robot axis. But, your explanation is very usefull for me. At least, I have known yet what is the meaning of that parameter from you. I have not enough knowledge on IRC5 Hardware. Maybe I must learn the detail of IRC5 wiring diagram.
            Thanks a lot and good luck too

• ercint
    Options
    Dear Dhyan,

We have the same problem also. Can you please explain the solution you found if it is possible? Robot has a conveyor tracking option and there is no parameter named -min_normalized_input_level on visible.

Thanks in advance,

Regards
  • Iowan
    Options
    I've seen the "...too low resolver voltage" fault on S4C+ systems - it usually required a new SMB.