RobotStudio event

PC SDK Version Specific?

Options
Hi,

We have developped an application with the SDK version 5.13.02 on our developpement platform and want to run it on target machines which are now upgraded to 5.13.03.

The issue is that we need to keep the development platform on 5.13.02 for some older machines but do need some target machines (Robotware on the robot and RSO on the target PC to be with 5.13.03).

Although we specify in the references of our classes not to be version spAccific, we receive the following error at install.

ABB.Robotics version 5.13.2039.0 must be installed in the GAC, meaning the install checks version...

Any comments or workaround?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• labu
    labu ✭✭
    Options
    Note that I have checked that the GAC contains 5.13.3007.0
  • labu
    labu ✭✭
    Options
    Hi,

Got it to work after having installed the content of the redistributable folder. This does not explain me why install is not ok with a 5.13.03 release of the assemblies in the GAC.

So I now have the 2 versions of abb.robotics , ... in the gac to have the application running.

does not seems normal to me...

• Hi Laurent
    Long time no see.

Not sure I understand your problem so I have to ask you some questions.

-Did you happen to save the error dialog that was displayed when the installation failed?

-Does your installation include any ABB.Robotics... assemblies at all? Or only the .exe?
    Lennart H
  • labu
    labu ✭✭
    Options
    Hej Lennart,

The way we use to install our applications is to simply deploy it without doing any setup project.

The reason for it its that we do install a robotstudio on the very same machine for the online edit of the robot and remote service.

Therefore, we do expect everything to be in place when we deploy our application.

Except that if the RS installation pushes more recent assemblies in the GAC than the ones we had in our development machine, our project refuses to deploy as it looks for the very same version (which puzzles me as the projet is built with version specific set to false for all ABB references).

Tack fA?r HjA?lpen

• I googled "Property Specific Version" and as far as I can tell this property is only a build time directive. It has no effect on the runtime version resolution of the referenced assembly.

Please comment...
    Lennart H