RobotStudio event

Change I/O signal

Options
Hi, I'm currently working on Robotstudio 5.12 I tried to do the following: install a robot with a gripper to grip an object, attach the object to the gripper, and then move it to somewhere else. However I face the following problems:
1. How can we adjust the orientation and the location of the object (let's say it is a box), so that it fit nicely to the gripper?
2. I've made some station signal like open, close, opened, and closed. When I click open, the gripper will open and release the box, and change the signal opened to one, and vice versa with the close signal. This works well manually (I click the signal through the I/O simulator). However, when I tried to do it automatically (maybe through some action instruction in path, or through SetDO in the RAPID), I couldn't access the signal. When I write the signal name, it cause error( the name is not recognized). Does anyone how to solve this?
3. I also want to do the above problems through some add-in from C#, is there any suitable code for that?

Thank you very much!

Comments

• Klaus
    Klaus ✭✭
    Options
    Hi.

You cannot use station signals directly in your rapid code. You have to setup your signals in your robotsystem. You can only ude controller signals in your rapid code.

To use station signal you have to setup IO connection in "Station Logic" between station signals and controller signals.

Best Regards

Klaus Soenderhegn
    www.cadalysator.dk
  • Hi,

Thanks for the reply, it really helps. =D Do you know how I can adjust the position of the box, so that it fit nicely to the gripper? And is there any way to detect when the gripper touch the box, then attach the box to the gripper?

Thank you!

Regards,

Teguh S.L.

• Anders S
    Options
    Hi,
    I recommend that you take a look at the Smart Component tutorials on the Community, and download the "SC tutorial station" as an example.
    Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • Klaus
    Klaus ✭✭
    Options
    Hi again.

See the tutorial that Super Anders Spaake have mad showing how to attach and deattach part in gripper.

I use the seem principel. Then you just move your robtarget before you grip your item
    Best Regards

Klaus Soenderhegn
    www.cadalysator.dk
  • Is the smart component only available in Robot studio 5.13? Because I'm using version 5.12, and I can't find it anywhere. THank you!
  • Anders S
    Options
    Yes, Smart Components was released in RS 5.13.
    Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • Klaus
    Klaus ✭✭
    Options
    Hi.
    Why not upgrade.

SC is the best new thing that have been released for many years in RS.

These to simulation you can find here could not be done with out SC.

Like frish air. Simply can't live with out it LOL

Best Regards

Klaus Soenderhegn
    www.cadalysator.dk
  • Yes, I've just upgraded it. Thanks a lot for the helps!=D
  • Klaus
    Klaus ✭✭
    Options
    No thanks to me.
    Just give me a bear at Skybar, La plaza in vestrA?s if we meet at partner seminary Wink
    Best Regards

Klaus Soenderhegn
    www.cadalysator.dk
  • Hee? where is vestras?haha...

I encounter another problem: in the last tutorial,

Smart Component - Setup Simulation (5:12 min)

at 02:40, suddenly it use a digital output from IRB6620, which is doNewBox. I cannot even see IRB6620 from the drop-down list, and moreover I don't remember creating a doNewBox signal for IRB6620, do you know where it is? I've been following the tutorial since the beginning, including the other three smart components tutorial.

• Hmm it seems that we need to create a system with name IRB6620, then add some input/output manually to the system, which is not shown in the tutorial , am I right?
  • Henrik Berlin
    Options
    That's right!
    Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • Hi Henrik,

Do you know how to create a system signal (not station signal) through c# API? I can do it in RObotstudio, but not in c#

• Henrik Berlin
    Options
    Perhaps it can be done through the PC-SDK. (Moving the topic to Developer Tools forum).
    Henrik Berlin
    ABB