RobotStudio event

BackupManager - extracting backup file

Options
Hello,

I have created a backup file with use of BackupManager Class and Backup() method, the file was transferred from virtual controller to local directory. Is it possible to extract this file to normal backup folder?

Regards

bombq
Cracov University of Technology

Comments

• kegley182
    Options
    Would like to know how you used BackupManager Class to get backup file, I can't get it to work...
    Is mastership required?... auto mode?

Will likely be working the same problem you have of extracting the backup file into a normal backup... IF I ever get the backup to occur.    

I can get the "controller.backup()" method to work... but need the transfer capability within BackupManager....

I can't find any documentation that explains the use of BackupManager... do you have any sample code...

Mike Kegley
  • Backup created in .rzo format is a known bug. I will investigate when it's supposed to be fixed.

Example code:
    this.m_BackupManager = new BackupManager(this.controller);
    this.m_DirectoryInfo = new DirectoryInfo(@C:DataTemp);

private void cmdCompleteBackup_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {           
     this.m_BackupManager.TransferBackup = true;
     this.m_BackupManager.LocalDirectory = m_DirectoryInfo;
     this.m_BackupManager.Backup();
    }
    Lennart H
  • kegley182
    Options
    Thanks, but I wrote that almost exact code, and many variations of it, to no avail.  But it's good to know that mastership is NOT required and neither is "automode", and that I was on the right track with how to use backupmanager...
    Was curious about the backupmanager."BEGINBACKUP"  IAsyncResult  type backup. Do have any examples of that?... callbacks always make my head spin.  Would that possibly be a more likely solution.  Does that method have any benifits?... drawbacks?....

...  and I am interested in what/when you find out about the bugfix you mentioned

Mike Kegley