RobotStudio event

GetAllConfigurations is obsolete

Options
I have moved a add in from 5.13 to 5.14 and the function GetAllConfigurations is now obsolete. But what should I use instead?

I want to get all possible configuration for a target with a tool for a specific robot and the old function did what I wanted. But the performance of the function was very bad and I saw in the release nots for 5.14 that this should have been improved and I'm eagerer to test it.

Will the improvement affect the old function GetAllConfigurations or should I use something else?

Comments

• Niklas Skoglund
    Options

Hi Patrik,

some of the overloads have been obsoleted, but there are other overloads that you shall use instead.

For example [code]public

ConfigurationData[] GetAllConfigurations(RsTarget target, RsToolData tool, bool includeTurns)

[/code]

Which overload are you using now?

Best Regards, Niklas Skoglund
    ABB Robotics

Developer Center
    RobotStudio Blog
  • I'm using the one below
    ConfigurationData
    [] GetAllConfigurations(RsTarget target, RsToolData tool)

What does the boolean includeTurns represent?
  • Niklas Skoglund
    Options

Hi,

axis 6 for example can rotate more than 360 degrees. If you specify true for includeTurns, you will also get configurations "outside" the first revolution.
    If you specify false, you will only get the base configurations.

In the Configurations... user interface in 5.14 there is a checkbox with the same name (Include Turns). Using the user interface you can get a visual understanding of the API function.

Best Regards, Niklas Skoglund
    ABB Robotics

Developer Center
    RobotStudio Blog