RobotStudio event

csv file import

Options
Dear All,
          Can somebody let me know how to import csv file into robostudio to create robtargets.

Thanks...

Raj

Comments

• Henrik Berlin
    Options

Try the Coordinate File Addin available on the Community, see below

Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • MarioD
    Options
    I tried to install Addin in General, RobotStudio  5.14 but it gives an error.
  • hello Henrik

i too tried the procedure to install coordinate file, but i dont see any new menu in addinn.

Raj
  • pls let me know is there any other procedure
    Raj
  • Anders S
    Options
    Unfortunately doesnA't  the AddIn work on RS 5.14.
    As soon as I have fixed the problem I will upload a new version on the Community.
    Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • j_proulx
    Options
    Hello Anders,
    This needs to be a standard power pac for robot studio. There are many customers that request this and make purchasing decisions on this functionality. The PDD no longer accepts product improvement request. Please add this to Robot Studio as a product.

Best Regards / Jim Proulx
  • Anders S
    Options

Hello Jim,
    I will discuss with my colleagues to do this as an official supported PowerPac.
    But in the meanwhile have I uploaded a new AddIn on the community that should work on 5.14. Please let me know if it doesnA't.
    Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • j_proulx
    Options
    Hello Anders,
    The ImportCF add-in does not load. I am attaching screen shot and RS Support Tool file. I still have an XP computer. Will be getting Win 7 /32 soon.

BR Jim

• Anders S
    Options

Hello Jim,
    When did you downloaded the AddIn? I found an error in the dll-file today, so I uploaded a new version a couple hours ago.
    Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • j_proulx
    Options
    Anders

I downloaded about 1.5 hours ago.

Import_Coordinate_Files_ver._5.14.zip

Jim
  • Anders S
    Options

Try to download again, I think you use the wrong version.
    Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • j_proulx
    Options
    Hello Anders,
    Downloaded again. Same result. It will not load.

Jim
  • j_proulx
    Options
    Hello Anders,
    I have a new laptop w/ Win7 32. I tried again to load the ImportCF add-in and it still does not load. I am attaching error log files. It gave this error:

An attempt was made to load an assembly from a network location which would have caused the assembly to be sandboxed in previous versions of the .NET Framework. This release of the .NET Framework does not enable CAS policy by default, so this load may be dangerous. If this load is not intended to sandbox the assembly, please enable the loadFromRemoteSources switch. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=155569 for more information.

Is there something I need to do on my end to allow this to load?

BR  /  Jim Proulx

• Anders S
    Options

Hello Jim,
    For some reason thinks your PC that the AddIn is loaded from a network location (which not is true). However, we can allow RS to load files from network locations by adding a line in the file:
    C:Program Files (x86)ABB Industrial ITRobotics ITRobotStudio 5.14BinRobotStudio.exe.config
    So add the marked line in the picture below to your "RobotStudio.exe.config" file, and try again.

Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • Hi! I would like to know what is the format that the Coordinate File Import Add-in need to have to convert the csv file to robtargets and path? I have tried this format:

x-coordinate, y-coordinate, z-coordinate, s-Quaternion, i-Quaternion, j-Quaternion, k-Quaternion.

I have a position trajectory that resembles that of my csv file, however, the orientations of each robtarget do not seem to follow that specified in the csv file. Is my input format used correct?

Thank you!
  • Henrik Berlin
    Options

I just tested the add-in and it seems as the format is
    [CODE]x, y ,z ,Rx ,Ry, Rz
    [/CODE]
    I succeeded in importing a file with the following content
    [CODE]1,2,3,4,5,6
    [/CODE]
    The addin created the following robtarget

Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • Petri
    Options

Hi

Will there be support to ImportCF add-in for  RS5.15?

I do not  get the  ImportCF add-in to work in RS5.14.03.

I have done the suggestion above and that did not help.

I still get this meassage?:

• Ekelund
    Options

If you have not done so already, try right-clicking on the addin dll in explorer and select "Properties". If you see a button called "Unblock" near the bottom, press it.

/Anders

Anders Ekelund
    Architect, RobotStudio
    ABB
  • Petri
    Options

Hi Anders

I did that, and now it loads ImportCF with no errors Thumbs Up . But i can not activate it Ouch?
  • Anders S
    Options
    Have you opened a station ? The Add-In requires an open station to activate.
    Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • Petri
    Options

Yes, i have open station, but i can not still use Add-In.
  • nomad5t5
    Options
    I have the same issue, with a twist.  I was able to activate the plug-in, but only the first time a new station was created.  Once I closed and re-opened the station, the plug-in would no longer activate.  This worked for a couple of weeks, but now the icon is grayed out just as in the picture above.
  • Anders S
    Options
    Hi,

I have uploaded a new version of the "Import Coordinate Files Add-In" on RobotApps that should work on RS 5.15.
    Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • Thank you for your reply. I tried importing with the format x,y,z,Rx,Ry,Rz and it works.

I would like to know if the import also factors in tool roll angle? This is because Rx,Ry,Rz is just the tool approach vector, but can tool roll angle be imported as well, so that the full coordinate frame may be defined?

Thank you so much for any help you can give!

• Anders S
    Options
    Hi,
    The Add-In is made to work with some specific file formats, and reads the coordinate and orientation data in them to generate targets in RobotStudio. For example a .csv file is this data in the format x,y,z,Rx,Ry,Rz, which is all information you need to fully define position and orientation of a robtarget.

If you have some other file format you would like to add to the Add-In, send me an example and I will see if it's possible to add that to the Add-In.

Regards,
    Anders 
    Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics