RobotStudio event

Help me, RS x Visual Studio 2010

Options
Hello to all,

I'm new in SDK and I don't know if I did someting worng when I installed the Visual Studio and Robot Studio, but when I start a new project using Visual Studio I don't have the option to use PC/FP SDK only RS add-in and RS Smart Componet.

Should I use one of them??

My Visual Studio is a Ultimate version.

Best Regards

Comments

• John Wiberg
    Options
    Hi Zoroaster,

For PC SDK there is no project template. Instead you just use a Windows Application project and add ABB.Robotics.dll and ABB.Robotics.Controllers.dll as references, etc. 

For your first project I would recommend
    C:Program FilesABB Industrial ITRobotics ITSDKPC SDK 5.13PC SDK Application Manual.chm

Chapter 5 - Using the PC SDK

For FlexPendant SDK there are project templates but... there are unfortunately bad news. Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 does not support Compact Framework. Its a mess where they first promised it and then retracted the promise. Without Compact Framework we have no chance to do FP SDK projects, so for those you need to downgrade to Microsoft Visual Studio 2008. We have been told by Microsoft that all you need to do is contact the local Microsoft and they will help you.

When it comes to RS add-in those are pretty cool since they become integrated into RobotStudio proper and thus you don't need to distribute packages and test for target environments.
  • Zoroaster
    Options
    Hi John,

Thanks for your explanation and yours recommendantion. I will read the manual.