RobotStudio event

RobotStudio API Question

Options

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could give me an example for using the RibbonTab.SimulateClick() method for the RobotStudio API.  The API documentation suggests that you pass SimulateClick() a string for the control ID that you want to simulate clicking.  I've tried a few different options for using this (to help me create a custom Add-In for automating some path generation), but with no real success.  By way of example, if I use...

UIEnvironment.RibbonTabs["Modeling"].SimulateClick("");

...then the RibbonTab shifts to displaying the "Modeling" tab.  So far so good.  However, if I use...

UIEnvironment.RibbonTabs["Modeling"].SimulateClick("CreateEmptyPart");

...to attempt to simulate clicking the "CreateEmptyPart" button, then the focus of the RibbonTab still shifts to displaying the "Modeling" tab, but I don't seem to have simulated the clicking of this particular button (I would've expected to see a new part appear in my station).  Is there some more information that anyone could provide me to set me straight? 

Many thanks!

Comments

• Hi,

It seems the SimulateClick() method is not correctly implemented, so you can't use that. I've logged a bug report for that.

What you can (and should) do instead is to use CommandBarButton.Execute(), e.g.
    [code]CommandBarButton.FromId("CreateEmptyPart").Execute();[/code]

regards,
    Johannes

Johannes Weiman
    Software Engineer
    ABB Robotics
  • shurd
    Options

Thanks Johannes!  Smile