RobotStudio event

System builder from backup

Options

hi

I'm trying to use robotstudio 5.14.01 to build a system from a backup. All i want to do is to be able to edit the programs ofline but when i try to build the system i get an error:

The media pool does not contain the additional option: 3HEA-014-50423

Can anybody help as i'm really struggling with this?

Comments

• Anders S
    Options

The backup you have comes from a system that have an "additional option mediapool". This mediapool is probably used for some kind of external axis. Without this mediapool (with the name 3HEA-014-50423) you can't create a virtual system. If you have access to the real robot you can use the function "Go Offline" in the Online tab. This function will copy the "additional option mediapool" from the robot controller into your PC and setup the virtual system automatically.
    Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • Thanks for your help. As i am completely new to this will i be able to do what you suggest while production still runs or will i have to stop the system?

• Anders S
    Options

You need to take Write Access from the FlexPendant to your PC, but the robot program can be running when you use "Go Offline".
    Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • Thanks i've done that but the "go offline" is greyed out and cannot be selected. Is this because i only have the free software as opposed to a licenced version?

• Anders S
    Options

Yes, you need the full (licenced) version to use "Go Offline".
    Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • Celo
    Options
    Hi, I connected to our controller, and used the "Go Offline" button to create the media pool, but this error showed up. Could anyone help me?