RobotStudio event

Smart Components Idiots guide?

Options
I find the online tutorial videos a bit difficult to follow...
Without an explanation it is challenging to understand the building blocks of Smart Components.

I have the 5.13 training material and follow the exercises but following a procedure without explanations does not answer all my questions. is it possible to add naration in the future.

The RobotStudio help file, allthough very informative, does not explain all, and is not a training guide.

Compared to using the Event Manager for simple attachments etc, creating Smart components seems to be a far more complex procedure.

Interested to hear from other users who are trying to self teach.

Is there an idiots guide with full explanations throughout the process of creating Smart components availalbe...

Comments

• sturner
    Options
    "Is there an idiots guide with full explanations throughout the process of creating Smart components availalbe... "

I guess not then ?
  • jerry-licao
    Options
    I confused with the smart components too.

• i am condusing with them too
    any one know how to build a IRB340 pick and place station in robotstudio?
  • SecretHanae
    Options
    As I have the same problem, I wonder if you found something?
  • Robin_S
    Options
    Here are four videos about Smart Components that the teacher I had in RobotStudio made a few years ago. I find them easy enough to follow and understand.
    Altough, sometimes I find them well too basic to let you "evolve" with the Smart Components.

Hope it helps some! (And don't worry, he made the Tutorials in English)

Högskolan i Skövde - About detecting Collisions.
    Högskolan i Skövde - About Attach and Detach.
    Högskolan i Skövde - About "Move to Pose".
    Högskolan i Skövde - About Line sensors and Properties.

/Robin_S